Fsuipc

FRED AMBLER

Hiya everybody, I've just about completed my second flight sim pit and I'm very pleased with it, I've bought a couple of Leo Bodinars excellent interfaces as I want to use buttons/switches rather than the mouse where ever possible. My question is would there be any advantage in getting FSUIPC either the free version or the pay for version as I'd like to be able to increase say my altitude hold height etc by means of a toggle switch rather than the mouse. I'd appreciate any feed back anyone can give me. By the way I'm running FS2004 as I've got the dreaded windows 8.1 problem and like many others ive given up on FSX for now.

I think one of the best advantages of using the registered version is that you can actually assign commands when keys or buttons are released. This may not sound like a big deal, but as you play around with different commands, you'll soon realize it is. Not only will it make working with functions that are limited to momentary states although they are activated via toggles hardware wise, but you'll also be able to use single pole toggles as opposed to double. You'll basically not have to use up as many buttons on your Bodnar panel. Without that ability I mention, you would be left with no choice but to use up two button functions for things like Landing gear up/down. With it, you can use one button function to activate gear down upon button press and to activate gear up upon release of the button/toggle off.

Ricardo

FSThrottle.com

Hi there, the Leo Bodar's cards are great. I'm using 3 in a Avro Shackleton Sim & 1 in a jet sim. Please get the paid version of FSUIPC. It is so different from the free version. I have put so many switchs into the card, including gear button. On the jet, it toggles up & down, & on the Shack, I have separate buttons for gear up & down. As you know, you cannot do this normally, as the sim only uses 'G' as a toggle.

You can also calibrate correctly your stick/yoke. BTW, also using FS9.Im not using any of the normal key assignments within FS9. All (& there are so many more) are done by FSUIPC.

Give a PM or post for more info.

Regards, Robin

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

Archived