Frozen water effect in FSX, how?

Harald Haukland

I know there is a tweek somewere to get this, but i cant remember where, so if anyone in here have a clue what i am talking about, be my guest and reply with sollution. Okay, again, there was a tweek somewere that made lakes and rivers frozen ( ice ) in FSX, so how to get this or make this happen.

Thank you.:pilot:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/4450194567.png

Asus Z170-A-1151 - intel i7-6700K@4GHz - Asus ROG NVidia GTX 1050 TI Strix 4GB - 32GB HyperX DDR4@2400 MHz - Corsair CM750-750W - Corsair H80i v2 Watercooling

ORBX Vectors had frozen Lakes and rivers. Do you want them to look like this?

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/68132-ftx-global-vector-new-frozen-water-tech-minsk/

Not sure if you can land on the ice or not, I might give it a shot tonight as I have Vectors.

Best Regards- Tyler

Real World Teenage Pilot- Training in 2006 C172SP G1000 & 2011 Carbon Cub

Intel i7 3770K 4.5 GHz; 8gb DDR3 1600; MSI GTX760 OC Edition; Windows 7 64-bit

Not sure if you can land on the ice or not, I might give it a shot tonight as I have Vectors.

Yes the frozen water is fully landable.

Jan

EHAM base RWY 06

Some airplanes : Fokker70

Intel i7-4771 3.90 Ghz - Asus Z87-A - Asus GTX770-DC2OC-2GD5 - Memory 8 GB - Windows 7 64 - Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120 GB / 250GB - Samsung HD 1TB / 160 GB

I just bought Fairbanks x from Aerosoft. The seaplane base in the middle of the airport is frozen, not suprising since it's -19c. I was surprised however because the water of the neighboring river was not frozen. I actually landed a tundra wheel plane on the frozen lake fully expecting to take the ice water challenge when I touched down. But it actually acted just like a regular runway. Another strange note is that if you choose an amphibian plane it starts with wheels down as well. Just thought I'd share. Hope you didn't mind. Would be cool if all water could freeze in FSX.:)

Archived