AI Flight Planner Issue

FERGUS

HI

I have started using AIFP to created some new flight plans in FSX.

The flight plans compile ok with no errors and I can see the Traffic File in the Scenery/World/Scenery folder.

The aircraft are visible at their parking space in FSX but the take off time comes and goes and the aircraft do not move.

I also loaded the ACG BBMF traffic file at Conningsby and in that case the BBMF aircraft do not show up at all.

I am using local time when setting departures..any ideas as to what I am doing wrong please?

Ferg

The aircraft are visible at their parking space in FSX but the take off time comes and goes and the aircraft do not move.

At this time of year it is easy to be off an hour due to DST.

Try moving ahead an hour and see if they depart.

BTW, if you have the SDK you can use Traffic Toolbox Explorer to see things like scheduled departure time.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

• 2 weeks later...

There may not be large enough parking spaces at the destination (Conningsby). I'm not at pc, so cant check out the airport now to see if there is heavy parking there. Plus I don't know what aircraft you used.

If too small parking seems likely to you, try creating the plan with a smaller aircraft.

You could also try looking for an addon airport for conningsby that has larger parking.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There may not be large enough parking spaces at the destination (Conningsby). I'm not at pc, so cant check out the airport now to see if there is heavy parking there. Plus I don't know what aircraft you used.

If too small parking seems likely to you, try creating the plan with a smaller aircraft.

You could also try looking for an addon airport for conningsby that has larger parking.

Parking spots are checked when an AI plane lands not when the flight begins.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

... still no movement yet !!

If you have AI that are just sitting there past their scheduled departure time, there are 3 possible reasons.

1) The planes are in fact static objects and not AI at all. Easy to tell, move your traffic sliders to zero and see if they go away.

2) You are there at the wrong time.

3) You are there on the wrong day.

As I stated earlier, the best AI troubleshooting tool is the Traffic Toolbox Explorer from the SDK. If you have FSX Deluxe then you have the SDK on your discs and we can help you install it, if you need help.

peace,

the Bean

Never argue with idiots.

Maybe stating the obvious, but sometimes the simple things are missed.

In the case of the missing BBMF are you by any chance mixing FS9 and FSX bgls? If you have any FS9 installed your FSX flights won't show. Probably not the solution, but had to ask.

Also, and I don't know how true this is because I've never checked, I read once that if your destination airport doesn't have appropriate or enough parking spaces your aircraft won't take off.

As I said, I'm only passing on what I once read and is probably not true. I'll probably have a deluge of posts telling me I'm wrong but at least it eliminates silly things.

... if your destination airport doesn't have appropriate or enough parking spaces your aircraft won't take off.

You asked for it, this is not true.

In that situation AI will go as far as to land, then disappear on roll out.

peace,

the Bean

Never argue with idiots.

Archived