Anyone else use 4 screens?

flightplanes

I've started to use 4 23" screens for a wide view from the one Geforce 780 card. I didn't realise you could until recently. And I've been quite pleased so far. There can be some loss in frame rate but often, unless I'm travelling through big cities like Munich or London, the frame rates can be quite good so long as I put my distance rendering settings down to 'medium'. The biggest issue I seem to get is with the default clouds. I also have the skymax clouds but they don't seem to improve matters.

But apart from those issues I've been quite pleased with the 4 screen setup as I always thought you needed more than one PC to do that.

Does anyone else use 3 or 4 screens or do you mostly prefer just the one?

Steve

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Steve,

Although I have the plans for a true cockpit, I might never get around to building it. For now I'm doing baby steps and moving from one 40" screen to three. Maybe a 4th for gauges, if I ever figure out the best way to do that.

How are you doing 4 screens from 1 card? TripleHead2Go?

I built my game PC pretty strong with a GTX970 so I can take advantage of maximum detail. Although I want to start with 2 more screens I had figured on building more PCs so as to maintain frame rate and detail. I'd love to hear how you are doing it.

Thanks,

-Dave

Hi Steve,

Although I have the plans for a true cockpit, I might never get around to building it. For now I'm doing baby steps and moving from one 40" screen to three. Maybe a 4th for gauges, if I ever figure out the best way to do that.

How are you doing 4 screens from 1 card? TripleHead2Go?

I built my game PC pretty strong with a GTX970 so I can take advantage of maximum detail. Although I want to start with 2 more screens I had figured on building more PCs so as to maintain frame rate and detail. I'd love to hear how you are doing it.

Thanks,

-Dave

Steve, I've been using (3) 24" Dell screens for About 2 years. Added a 24" ACER touch screen for Simavio gauges and 530/430 Garmin WAAS radios. All of this is tied to an I-Pad Air which works beautifully for shooting approaches. My video card is a Nividia Geforce 680 and everything works perfectly until I downloaded the new suggested Geforce drivers. The ACER screen started working like a strobe light. Removed the new drivers and reinstalled the old drivers and everything works fine again. Send me your e-mail address and I will send you some pictures. Dick Walen "my duke@bex.net"

Archived