AppData Roaming Microsoft FSX CFG

inky160

All:

Ref: C:\Users\Yourname\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\fsx.CFG

This command string is recommended often to locate the FSX.cfg file. I get as far as FSX but no .cfg file. Here's a snap shot of what I can see.

Have I missed a setting somewhere?

Thanks,

Ron

AppData Roaming.JPG

RAM: Team T-Force 32GB CPU: RYZEN 7 3700X 8-Core 3.6 GHz (4.4 GHz Max Boost) Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 super C Drive: M.2 SSD 1.0tb CPU Air Cooler: DEEPCOOL GAMMAX GTE V2, PSU: Bronze 600W, Flight Stick: Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS, W10

You have the click on the FSX folder itself in stead of clicking on the caret to expand the folder.

Wim

Clicking on the FSX folder results in Flight Simulator X program opening as shown below. The contents of the fsx.cfg does not appear.

fsx cfg cfg.JPG

RAM: Team T-Force 32GB CPU: RYZEN 7 3700X 8-Core 3.6 GHz (4.4 GHz Max Boost) Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 super C Drive: M.2 SSD 1.0tb CPU Air Cooler: DEEPCOOL GAMMAX GTE V2, PSU: Bronze 600W, Flight Stick: Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS, W10

On the FSX.cfg file right mouse click on the file, go to Open with.......... and choose Notepad. Check the Always Use the selected program to open this type of file box. Click OK.
http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

Hi inky,

I don't know why that happens. Okay, then right click on the folder and then click on "Open"

Jim F.

Thanks Jim et al:

Right click on fsx doesn't do it. In fact, clicking on any (any) *.cfg file under FSX will act as an execute command and opens Flight Simulator X. Something else is going on that links a CFG file to an EXE file.

Haven't seen this issue reported on the FSX forum that I can recall.

Clicking on the FSX folder results in Flight Simulator X program opening as shown below. The contents of the fsx.cfg does not appear.

You are not clicking on the folder, you are clicking on the FSX.cfg.

Folders circled in red, FSX.cfg in green...

Capture.JPG

Right-click on the FSX.cfg and "Open with..."

Select Notepad and verify a check in "always open this file type..."

You should be good to go.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

"Select Notepad and verify a check in "always open this file type..."

You should be good to go."

That's it Mr Bean. Imagine, for a few minutes of forum time, I got all this information free of charge.

Thanks much to The Forum :)

Ron

Archived