Ftx

orangevanman

Yes. I run global mesh.

But im not sure what your question really is. FTX have a range of products. Any specific one your interestwd in. ?

You can also join the forums at Ftx and read the support pages to get an idea of bugs etc in certain scenery..

A more specific may also help

thanks for your reply brett, I was just asking to see what peoples thoughts were on ftx as to wether its any good or over rated etc?

I like the idea and look of ftx global then expanding to vector or even mesh to be honest but is that a good idea?

Is there a better product out there for scenery etc?

how are you finding global mesh?

What pc are you using?

any fps drops?

any problems running it?

I am running windows 7 with i7 cpu 970 @3.20 ghz, 12gb ram and nvidea gtx 680 card, with 32" monitor.

FTX is pretty heavy on my system. I have the products you mentioned and all three look quite amazing together. Vector has a toll on my system. For VFR you just cant beat it in my opinion. I like to fly the heavy metal so I tend to deactivate it whilst using pmdg product's. Its terrain regions are great too and really improve the visual experience.

Though agsin, with a toll on the system. I suffer from Oom quite a lot too. Im sure im running far too many ftx addons at the time. But since switching to DX10 it seems less now.

It is a good idea if you wish to part with the money. Its a tad expensive especially all three in one hit. I bought all terrain and many ftx addons my wife would kill me if she knew... though she wouldnt mind if I bought a pair of shoes for her at the same total price .. lol.

Anyway all that s a id I do suffer fps drops in detsiled scenery.

Fyi my specs

I7 4770 3.4ghz oc 3.9ghz

Asus GTX 780 OC

16GB Corsair vengeance

Ssd 200gb (c/)

2Tb wd hdd (Fsx)

2x 24" asus lcd moniter

I run FTX, REX4, ASN.

I use mostly carenado for VFR

Pmdg, airbus x both w fs2crew & rsaas for heavy metal

All have a toll on fps

22 is my avg frames in DX 10