Active Sky Evolution

AS350D

I have recently purchased Active Sky Evolution, and after installing ran into all kinds of problems:

(1) Often I get a error message on startup of FS2004, saying that some scenery file is damaged, and that I have to install FS2004 again new.

(2) Third party dynamic scenery, or self-created AI flights do no longer work, and the compiler program shows error messages.

(3) When I save a flight, and restart the simulator, there are no saved flights under "My flights" anymore ... all gone.

(4) All my personal joy stick settings, and keyboard settings do not get saved anymore. After every new startup of FS2004 I have to reprogram all these settings again.

(5) Active Sky runs a message across the screen that weather data loading is complete, but depicts a blue clear sky while it's actually raining cats and dogs at that specific airport.

What did I do wrong?!?!

Does anyone have an idea?

Thank you!

Original purchased version have not this problems.

If you recently purchased ASE, why not look here http://support.hifitechinc.com/

Search knowledge database, look at forum, try troubleshooter or open ticket and promptly get solution. All is avalaible for registered users.

AMD FX-8350 8 CORES 4.0/ovrclckd 5.0GHz, GIGABYTE GA 990FXA-UD7, RAM 32GB/2000MHz, GeFORCE GTX TITAN, 2xSSD 256GB, 2*HDD 2TB, 3x42" LCD, SAITEK PRO FLIGHT, MCP+EFIS PANEL, ANDROID TABLET FOR FMC AND EFB, WIN8-64BIT, FS9

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, sorry for posting in a kinda old post but I recently bought Active Sky Evolution, too and I also have some issues.

I mean, it works just fine but after some time I notice that my speed-o-meter shows "0" while I'm obviously flying forward.

I also noticed that all my aircraft tends to be heavily overpowered. Previously, before I bought ASE and still used Jeppesen's weather downloads, I had problems to reach 500 kts at 30,000 ft. Now, I reach easily 600 kts right after take-off!!!

What should I do? Should I rework all my aircraft.cfg files, taking away some of the static thrust?

Your airspeed indicator will read zero if there are icing conditions present, and you have forgotten to turn on pitot heat !

600 knots after take off? What are you flying ? Not even concorde flew that fast (KIAS).

Do you understand the difference between true airspeed and indicated airspeed ?

At high altitudes usually about 28,000 feet (FL280) don't forget to switch your airspeed readings to mach to compensate for the thinner high altitude air and the mach effect.

On the PMDG B738 I cruise between mach .75 and .85 between FL280 and FL380 (400 is pushing it) but the IAS reads about 240 knots as I recall.

Your TAS will be closer but not right on.

KMSP - Minnesota: Land of 10,000 Puddles

Support Team

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived