Random CTD's FSX Win 7......Are there any experts out there please !!

stinger2k2

Hi and thanks for looking,

Firstly my rig.....

FSX Acceleration

Intel i5-3570 @3.4ghz

8 gb Ram

120 HDD

Nvidia Geforce GTX660ti (driver version 344.11)

Windoze 7 64 Bit

latest uiautomation core dll

My Virtual Memory runs at around 3GB

Addons: Mytrafficx, UK2000 scenery (although crashes happen in other parts of the world too

so I am not suspecting that).Various aircraft (flying the Wilco Citation at the mo)

While flying i get the egg timer, then "FSX has stopped working",then "re-starting FSX".

It can happen at the beginning or towards the end of a flight.

I checked my Event Viewer and the culprits seem to come in two flavours

1)

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

Faulting module name: ai_player.dll, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb57

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00037489

Faulting process id: 0x10a4

Faulting application start time: 0x01cfd589b369d3ba

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ai_player.dll

Report Id: c87a504c-4181-11e4-bf2e-984e49d829d7

2)

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

Faulting module name: d3d9.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17514, time stamp: 0x4ce7b7b3

Exception code: 0xc000001d

Fault offset: 0x00029056

Faulting process id: 0x14b4

Faulting application start time: 0x01cfec9960aa45e1

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\d3d9.dll

Report Id: 05ec7198-5899-11e4-a154-c357f41c40d7

Last night's CTD was culprit No2

No1 seems to relate to ai traffic so I am guessing a uninstall-reinstall might help? (I dont think

I have my settings too high, usually around 17% Commercial traffic and lower on the light aircraft traffic.)

With regards culprit No1

Any help greatly appreciated.

regards

Stinger

Are you using any 3rd party AI addon by chance?

As far as the D3d9.dll module, thats a common crash when using DX10 mode in your FSX settings. Are you by chance using the ENB mod?

Theres a few other possible causes, one being simply overtaxing your video card.

AMD FX8320 @ 4.4Ghz water cooled - 8GB DDR3 1866Mhz - 2 Geforce 480's 1.5GB each (non-sli) 2Seat SimPit - 8 Monitors - Saitek Gear -

I had something similar happening to me in another program many moons ago. As I said it wasn't in FSX but another program that used a lot of memory. Turns out the culprit was a bad memory chip. Not the whole module just one chip on the module. This may not relate to your problem but the errors seem similar so I thought I'd suggest it. Hope you get it worked out though. Danged annoying, I know that!

Thanks for your thoughts guys. Just ran a 1 hour flight with ai traffic off, no CTD. I have also realised that I had recently upped my autgen setting to max while i was doing some vfr flying without ai traffic. I forgot to turn it back down a bit when I switched to flying the Citation with a bit of ai, so i am hoping that I was indeed overtaxing the video card/system. I'll run a few more flights with the ai off (MytrafficX which has more ai traffic than standard of course), and see what happens.

Thanks again

Stinger

Hi,

Just reporting back so as to benefit others who have crashes.

I have done a few longish (1 1/2 hr) flights since with no CTD's.

I am now convinced that I was stressing my CPU too much. I

have cut back autogen to "Normal" and reduced my ai traffic

a bit too (15% on Commercial aircraft, MYtrafficX).

I would suggest if anyone is having crashes, firstly to check their

settings in FSX and think about if they had been changed prior

to the crashes starting. If they haven't changed then think about if

a new addon might be taxing the system more than usual.

Good luck

Stinger

Archived