Just a Few GSX Q's

griff500

Hi guys! After a long time I'm finally back here on Flightsim.com. This time I just need to know a few things about FSDT's amazing GSX before I buy it.

1. Will it work with all aircraft, including freeware? (I.e TDS 787, PA A320 etc.)

2. Will it work at all airports even with no scenery? (It says it on the website but just wanted to be absolutely sure)

That's about it for now. If anyone can answer these I would greatly appreciate it!

• 4 weeks later...

GSX was developed and supported by one guy. And I just had the worst experience with that guy.

I simply asked a few months ago for support regarding entering the serial number. I found out later that the popup appeared behind the FSX app when in full screen. But when I asked initially for this help, the very first comment I got was an insult.

"it's really simple if you wouldv'e read the documentation." assuming FINDING the documentation was easy. When I continued on to explain to him how difficult is was to figure out, he just kept insulting my intelligence. Telling me that it's simple, or, (the popup) isn't showing because of something I might be running in the background, or, "no one else has this problem so why do you?", etc, etc.

It kept going on like this even though he could have simply said "the documentation is located here..." or "some people have discovered that the popup usually 'hides' when in full screen" or "not a problem, let me see if I can assist you with that", or, "any feedback you can provide would better help me, help you.", or just generally being nice overall.

But no, it just was a bunch of avoidance responses and insults. (This was 3 months ago)

In the end, I discovered today that he replied back with a "final" insulting response. So I had asked him nicely Why? Why all the insults and elitist attitude? To which it went on some more. I already saw where this was going so I had said that I am not afraid to post reviews about this. No one should have to be treated the way I was.

So he decided to give me an immediate refund with the mindset that "You are now no longer a customer and cannot say such things." LOL I didn't even ask for a refund. Oh well, his loss. Maybe one day he'll grow up.

Note: I just wanted to say that I in no way condone insulting people or making them look bad. But when you are a "customer" paying REAL MONEY for support, you would expect to be treated fairly. Apparently this is not the case with the developer of GSX.

Archived