Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Welcome To Military Flight Sims

1. Default FighterAce

This is not a paid advertisement, I just think folks should try FighterAce. $15.00 a month and it's def addictive.
    Watch this and down load the trial copy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6nyllOUdA4

Question Longbow

HI,

I've the old Jane's Longbow 2 and I wasn't able to run it from Vista o Win 7... any hint?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pistolero992000 View Post
    HI,

I've the old Jane's Longbow 2 and I wasn't able to run it from Vista o Win 7... any hint?

thanks
    Have you tried DOSBox?
    2.8ghz AMD Phenom II X3 720 BE 4th Core Enabled/Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-U2DH/A-Data XPG 8gb DDR3 1600G/Sapphire 1gb ATI HD 5770/500gb WD Green SATA 3.0 HDD/Diablotek 650w PSU/Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit OEM/FSX SP2/X-Plane 9.40RC16/Catalyst 9.12/SB Audigy 2 Value/Logitech Z-2300 2.1 speakers

I fly with a Saitek AV8R-01 and love it. I also have a Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System that includes a Premium flight yoke and 3-lever quadrant module. Unfortunately, the Pro Flight Yoke System usually sits under my computer desk. I fould it bulky and mostly in the way. I tried it for several nights, but enjoy the simplicity of the stick with its multiple switches.
    TurboFIRE

"No accidents in one year"

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Have you tried DOSBox?

I used DOSBox for all my old dos games. It's definitely worth a try :-)

~S~

What WW2 combat sim is everyone playing now and where? I used to love playing CFS 1&2 and other stuff on the Zone with my old squad mates, but that was quite awhile ago and I've since lost touch with them.

Thanks,

Thunderossa
    (formerly VF15/ST15_Thunder)

Have:
    Red Baron II
    European Air War
    CFS 1,2,3 (well, I HAD the first one until the disc vanished on me...lol)
    IL2-AEP-FB-PF

Hi, my introduction: Just newly arrived at this forum, looking for info on military flightsims.

I own Il-2 FB and PF.
    Basically, that's the only thing I've flow in recent years, besides trying to hold something in the air in Armed Assault. I use a Logitech Freedom 2.4 Cordless joystick, my cheap solution to not being a hardcore flightsimmer and still being able to effectively use the rudder.

I own a lot of older games, for which I now should install a DOSbox on my Vista PC, like Mi-24 Hind, Fighting Falcon and some others. I decided against that, but I currently do have a strong urge to fly a jet. So I want to purchase a (relatively) new sim and looking here for additional info. I'm mainly looking at LOMAC and Strike Fighters.

8. Default Welcome To Military Flight Sims

I had falcon 4.0 installed buy since I have windows 8 installed it runs kinda crappy. No fullscreen. Graphics are not at smooth. Falcon 4.0 needs a big update.

Now I have DCS A-10 warthhog installed and lockon flaming cliffs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

9. Default Welcome To Military Flight Sims

Quote Originally Posted by randywest View Post
    I had falcon 4.0 installed buy since I have windows 8 installed it runs kinda crappy. No fullscreen. Graphics are not at smooth. Falcon 4.0 needs a big update.

Now I have DCS A-10 warthhog installed and lockon flaming cliffs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Same here. I really liked falcon 4.0 especially the campaign play. I too have DCS but wish it had the same campaign play.