Beautiful World Scenery Game

When FSX was born it had many bugs, most of them were hardware related, and if you had an office type PC you would suffer for months.

But if you had a fair PC most bugs were cured by tweeking the FSG. Then came along X-plane and P3D with practically no bugs at all, some here

and there but none really detrimental to the function of the Sims.

Today Asobo/MS have given the community what I call a "Beautiful World Scenery flying Game" full of all kinds of bugs, with very unstable software which is almost impossible to tweek. Forums are full of simmers complaining about, Flight physics out of wak,instruments in planes not working, hardware which does not couple with the game, Impossible Auto Pilots, very low type ATC,Weather not working properly, and worst of all Updates which destroy previous settings which had taken hours to get right.

The game is still in Alpha or Beta, but not as a commercial product you and I paid for. Maybe you

can blame the Plague, for many companies are in heavy need of Money, Asobo could be in that situation, and out this game came for them to collect, MS is sure not in that situation.

For months, not to many, Asobo placed their wonderful scenery videos, and their guys talking a lot telling us how wonderful they were programming this game, physicall forces in the aiplane surfaces that you would feel while flying, weather that would astound you, beautiful real like planes, but if you remember their emphasis was "Scenery" and Yes they sure got the "Scenery "right, they sure did. But so far a very faulty Sim if at all. There are many cases of people still downloading the game after 3 weeks!!!, their servers continually loop or restart from 0 the blessed download, and No Answer from Asobo or MS about this incredible situation, but true!!! As an Alpha tester I was surprised when they suddenly started selling the game. It has today as many and maybe much more bugs than when in Alpha and early Beta.

I am sorry this so much expected Sim has turned until now into a "Beautiful World Scenery Game, which you can skim all over"....Let's hope it does not go the "MS Flight" route which also had nice Scenery.

Edited by sky44

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have already given up on MSFS aka Microsoft Flight II. I am just really glad I didn't pay for it. I tried it through the $1 XBox for PC trial. Then I paid $5 for the next month in the hopes that the patches would fix the game. But they only made the game worse. So yes I agree with your post 100%. I have gone back to FS9 and all of my addons. It's very relaxing to do a flight in the HJG DC9-30 and have everything work 100%. Planes, sim, 3rd party weather, and 3rd party ATC. It all works.

Sorry it didn't work out for you guys.

In balance there are plenty of folks , including me, that have not had any problems that would make me go back to FSX/P3d. Sure there are plenty of wish list things that i would like to see that may or may not be added at some stage but in the meantime I am happily flying the sim. Hell, there were wish list things I wanted in FSX 10 years after it was released.

There are plenty of flight videos on youtube of others doing the same.

Regards

Stinger

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Greetings everyone from UK

I am enjoying flying MS 2020 quite a lot, usually VFR flying around Bangladesh despite many bugs.

Bugs I found so far:

1. Copilot some time tries to kill me

2.Despite not wanting a push back, the push back guy sometimes just will not give up, he even followed me to the Runway threshold!

3.The Saitek Yoke suddenly loses it and the aircraft becomes impossible to control.

4.Autopilot needs looking at, it is just not fit for purpose

5.Terrible ATC, one bloke covering the whole world

6.GA aircraft doors do not open

7.No 2d panel. (In FSX at least you could switch between the two)

8.Even with the AI pilot switched off, he suddenly grabs the controls and spin the aircraft to the ground

9.Photo scenery in the UK just for Portsmouth and Southampton, yet Germany and some parts of Europe and most of USA and Japan comprehensibly covered why? we have some nice places here as well in the UK, you know ASOBO studio!

Still even with all it's many bugs, this is a master class in flight simulation with the whole world at your disposal thanks to Asobo Studios.

Hopefully in five years time we can look back on this as the fun times we all had, beta testing MS 2020.;)

Hopefully in five years time we can look back on this as the fun times we all had, beta testing MS 2020.;)

5 years??!!!! I REALLY hope that things are vastly better in a year. If not, I'm not sure this platform will survive for 5.....

5 years??!!!! I REALLY hope that things are vastly better in a year. If not, I'm not sure this platform will survive for 5.....

I'll give it a year, and no more.

If EVERYTHING that's wrong isnt't fixed by then, it's as dead as if I took a gun to it's head!

download.jpg

Yes, there is still stuff to get worked out. I know the commercial jets are not right. If you are a GA pilot however, this release is amazing. I can integrate my real world ForeFlight app with the sim to plot and practice VFR flights anywhere in the world. Not bad for $60. I have only flown the TBM 930 and it flies well on autopilot and follows flight plans to perfection when running simultaneously with ForeFlight. Check out my last 2 videos if you wish to see how the TBM flies on autopilot and how it handles under manual control. So for me, it is not a game but a flight simulator that can be adapted for real world training purposes. Continued improvements will come.

Don't like?. Don't use it. Don't waste your time writing novels.

RW for selling pretty much any product but software, Microsoft would already be held liable to refund the $100+- tens of thousands of consumers who have already wasted $100+- on this POS product which obviously won't actually be ready for marketing for months or probably even years!!

This 1,000+ RW hours pilot respects, enjoys, and still learns while using actual flight sims such as FSX, X-Plane, and P3D. This POS "sim" is not now nor possibly even five years from now will ever be a sim!

We are now wasting $100+- a pop to "Charlie Test" a product at NADA ZERO COST TO MICROSOFT that is maybe 25% ready to be marketed!! And frankly it seems they really don't care about us anyway! They're just using us to pay for and help refine a product to be sold to online to hand held toy users!

For my $100, I feel I've already bought the right to call a fraudulent product a fraud!! Especially if it might save hundreds, possibly thousands of people from throwing away their 100 bucks each!!

IMO IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY WASTED YOUR $100+- ON 2020, BE GRATEFUL AND DON'T WASTE IT NOW!!!! I'm pretty convinced unless we are on X-Box or online gammers, we're not their target audience anyway!! We're just jumping up to pay $100+- each to be their testers!

Rupert

Edited by Rupert
Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

When FSX was born it had many bugs, most of them were hardware related, and if you had an office type PC you would suffer for months.

But if you had a fair PC most bugs were cured by tweeking the FSG. Then came along X-plane and P3D with practically no bugs at all, some here

and there but none really detrimental to the function of the Sims.

Today Asobo/MS have given the community what I call a "Beautiful World Scenery flying Game" full of all kinds of bugs, with very unstable software which is almost impossible to tweek. Forums are full of simmers complaining about, Flight physics out of wak,instruments in planes not working, hardware which does not couple with the game, Impossible Auto Pilots, very low type ATC,Weather not working properly, and worst of all Updates which destroy previous settings which had taken hours to get right.

The game is still in Alpha or Beta, but not as a commercial product you and I paid for. Maybe you

can blame the Plague, for many companies are in heavy need of Money, Asobo could be in that situation, and out this game came for them to collect, MS is sure not in that situation.

For months, not to many, Asobo placed their wonderful scenery videos, and their guys talking a lot telling us how wonderful they were programming this game, physicall forces in the aiplane surfaces that you would feel while flying, weather that would astound you, beautiful real like planes, but if you remember their emphasis was "Scenery" and Yes they sure got the "Scenery "right, they sure did. But so far a very faulty Sim if at all. There are many cases of people still downloading the game after 3 weeks!!!, their servers continually loop or restart from 0 the blessed download, and No Answer from Asobo or MS about this incredible situation, but true!!! As an Alpha tester I was surprised when they suddenly started selling the game. It has today as many and maybe much more bugs than when in Alpha and early Beta.

I am sorry this so much expected Sim has turned until now into a "Beautiful World Scenery Game, which you can skim all over"....Let's hope it does not go the "MS Flight" route which also had nice Scenery.

You completely miss the big picture. Yes, some of the the scenery in MSFS is "beautiful", but -- like the real world -- much of it is not, e.g., big-city slums, blocks of industrial warehouses, desolate wastelands, etc. What it IS, is realistic -- the first sim to attempt to model the world as it actually appears, which it does not do perfectly but comes amazingly close, in my opinion. No other sim remotely approaches what has been accomplished here.

Secondly, while MSFS has experienced some issues on launch, as has happened with every previous flight sim program, it has become clear that many of the problems you and others attribute to "bugs" are not problems inherent to the program per se, but are caused by improperly configured computer setups, inattention to detail in configuring and using the program, and other local issues. The fact that many simmers have not experienced these so-called "bugs" proves this. "Then came along X-plane and P3D with practically no bugs at all", you say. Really? I have seen enough comment from users of those programs to know that this statement is nonsense. Bottom line, get real.

You completely miss the big picture. Yes, some of the the scenery in MSFS is "beautiful", but -- like the real world -- much of it is not, e.g., big-city slums, blocks of industrial warehouses, desolate wastelands, etc. What it IS, is realistic -- the first sim to attempt to model the world as it actually appears, which it does not do perfectly but comes amazingly close, in my opinion. No other sim remotely approaches what has been accomplished here.

Secondly, while MSFS has experienced some issues on launch, as has happened with every previous flight sim program, it has become clear that many of the problems you and others attribute to "bugs" are not problems inherent to the program per se, but are caused by improperly configured computer setups, inattention to detail in configuring and using the program, and other local issues. The fact that many simmers have not experienced these so-called "bugs" proves this. "Then came along X-plane and P3D with practically no bugs at all", you say. Really? I have seen enough comment from users of those programs to know that this statement is nonsense. Bottom line, get real.

You sure have no idea what you are saying. You are a "gamer" not a Simer and have not been around when FS9 or FSX rolled out....Their bugs were minimal and fairly easy to fix by tweeking. Sorry guy, many of us Know what we are talking about...Stop playing and Go Vote! (If you got the age)

I have gone back to FS9 and all of my addons. It's very relaxing to do a flight in the HJG DC9-30 and have everything work 100%. Planes, sim, 3rd party weather, and 3rd party ATC. It all works.

Sorry to take this off at a tangent but do these also work in FSX? I've been to their site and it's not abundantly clear. Unfortunately FS9 seems to have given up the ghost on my current hardware/software configuration but I can still coax FSX to life.

Vern.

You sure have no idea what you are saying. You are a "gamer" not a Simer and have not been around when FS9 or FSX rolled out....Their bugs were minimal and fairly easy to fix by tweeking. Sorry guy, many of us Know what we are talking about...Stop playing and Go Vote! (If you got the age)

On the contrary, it is YOU, my friend, who have no idea what you are talking about. I have been flightsimming for 37 years going back to FS2, and I have owned and used FS9 and FSX since their inception. I can tell you, as can many other FSX users, that FSX was plagued with problems from the start, in fact worse than is the case with MSFS. There was considerable unhappiness with it, but in time FSX became a great sim, especially with addon sceneries such as ORBX and Ultimate Terrain, and many other improvements. Your statement that "their [FSX and FS9] bugs were minimal and fairly easy to fix by tweeking" (I think you mean tweaking) is just way off the mark, as FSX veterans of the early days know well.

Regarding your other comment, I am assuredly not a gamer, and never have been (I don't even know what games are out there). I am a dyed-in-the-wool simmer and in fact, have a log of all my flights dating back to 1994. I would be delighted to send it to you!

P.S. I voted three weeks ago.

Edited by cobalt

Sorry to take this off at a tangent but do these also work in FSX? I've been to their site and it's not abundantly clear. Unfortunately FS9 seems to have given up the ghost on my current hardware/software configuration but I can still coax FSX to life.

Most of the planes there will work fine in FSX. There are some really nice custom panels for many of the planes, but some of the panels are FS9 only. No bother--you can usually grab whatever panel you need on this site or one of the other sites with freeware libraries. All of the sound and effects files seem to work fine in FSX. I really like their DC-9 line.

Go for it!

I can tell you, as can many other FSX users, that FSX was plagued with problems from the start, in fact worse than is the case with MSFS.

Geez...I won't argue this point as it's a totally ridiculous statement. You only have to go look at what the service packs fixed to see there was never any plague of problems with FSX. All the many, many core elements of FSX worked perfectly unlike MSFS which has issues with literally everything. The FSX service packs pretty much addressed performance and added DX10.

MSFS users currently have issues with downloading, installation, stability, performance, aircraft, AI aircraft, weather, scenery, ATC, navigation, heck, that's off the top of my head and not sure what else is left that makes up a flight simulator???

At what point would you or others consider MSFS broken? lol

Mark Daniels

Most of the planes there will work fine in FSX. There are some really nice custom panels for many of the planes, but some of the panels are FS9 only. No bother--you can usually grab whatever panel you need on this site or one of the other sites with freeware libraries. All of the sound and effects files seem to work fine in FSX. I really like their DC-9 line.

I'm responding in regard to the HJG supplied DC-9 sound packs .... and FSX portability of HJG panels .... if that's what the OP is referring to in this particular case (?) :)

Firstly .... be aware that the HJG supplied DC-9 sound packs may function in FSX, but, they're "not" FSX customized (they can't function as intended "in FSX") .... hence these sound packs are among those the group "doesn't" market as being FSX portable.

Secondly .... most of the HJG supplied panels and sound packs (simulations generally) are FSX portable, but. some "aren't" .... as commented by the OP.

For the benefit of everyone's knowledge and understanding .... the following-linked HJG posting clearly defines what "IS", and 'IS NOT", FSX portable (or native) in respect of what the group offers ....

WHAT "IS" AND "IS NOT" FSX COMPATIBLE/PORTABLE

https://tonymadgehjg.proboards.com/thread/8910/fsx-compatible-portable

Queries in regard to any of this information are best directed at HJG ... .where they can be more quickly and thoroughly replied to ;)

MRC

Geez...I won't argue this point as it's a totally ridiculous statement. You only have to go look at what the service packs fixed to see there was never any plague of problems with FSX. All the many, many core elements of FSX worked perfectly unlike MSFS which has issues with literally everything. The FSX service packs pretty much addressed performance and added DX10.

MSFS users currently have issues with downloading, installation, stability, performance, aircraft, AI aircraft, weather, scenery, ATC, navigation, heck, that's off the top of my head and not sure what else is left that makes up a flight simulator???

At what point would you or others consider MSFS broken? lol

Please listen to me: I was there! The attacks on FSX when it came out in 2006 were ferocious -- it was called "garbage!", "trash!", "a ripoff!", etc. (Sound familiar?) Part of the problem came from the fact that FSX was designed for state-of-the-art personal computers that many, perhaps most, flightsim enthusiasts at the time did not have. I know -- I was one of them! And there were innovations that many folks did not like. But I was captivated by what I saw as the future in FSX, and I stayed with it until I could purchase a much more powerful computer. But many others did not. To this day, there are some who insist that FS9 is a better flight sim program than FSX, which I know to be untrue since I am familiar with both; there is no comparison as far as I'm concerned.

As far as MSFS is concerned, it is true that, some users "have issues with downloading, installation, stability, performance, ..." as you say, but many others do not. That should tell you something, should it not? It is clear to me, and I think to many others with similar experience going back decades, that notwithstanding the growing pains, there is no comparison between FSX and MSFS. You are entitled to your opinion of MSFS, but that cannot change history. What happened, happened.

Please listen to me: I was there!

I was there too! I'm also one of those who insist FS9 is a better flight sim than FSX.

FS9 was the pinnacle of the MS flight sim franchise. FSX was the first major step toward modernizing the franchise and it failed. Even today if you run high end add-ons, high res textures, you need CPU's that don't exist yet. Then, let's say you could run it with any add-on, any resolution textures, fully maxed settings, then VAS screws things up for you!

People trashed FSX for performance issues and it still has them. You can deny and put MSFS problems back on the user as much as you like. While you and others do this rather than demand a better quality product, Asobo will sit there and focus attention on pay DLC's and Xbox over fixing the MSFS PC problems.

For a little humor and to show the scale of how ridiculous the MSFS release is:

First link is a fun thread I started which got locked as people don't know fun.

Then just the other day, I found the second linked thread at the MSFS forums!

Yes, things really are this bad! lol

There is nothing left to say other than people need to stop approving garbage because until you do no one will take it away.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?322040-Flight-simming-in-2020-and-beyond!

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/please-remove-loading-circle-during-flight/303834

Mark Daniels

But I am having such fun with my garbage! And now, there is indeed nothing left to say.

Well, ok then. lol

You enjoy your garbage, I'll enjoy my outdated FS9. I was hoping to add a second sim but if that ends up being FSX eventually over MSFS, I'm fine with that too.

At least you appear to have some kind of sense of humor.

Mark Daniels

+10 for Mark..

Rupert, Rupert, Rupert... Why did you rush off to be amongst the first to buy the sim, without waiting for reviews & discussions? Obviously, you have 'I want to be the first' syndrome. Blame yourself for not doing a 'due diligence' as, you should know, there is not a single game that has come out that is perfect.. Maybe Tetris..?

Cobalt.. Well done for having the complete Microsoft's gaming collection. Having a complete log of all your flights, for the last 26 years, does not make you a hard core simmer. Remember, all your 'sims' came from either ACES Gaming Studio or Asobo Gaming. (no simulation in those names?) So, @6 years of flight logs? Well done, a bit OCD, but well done indeed.

So, as an avid player of flight games, do you use a yoke for Boeings & a stick for Airbus? Mmm,

Definitively, what you actually have is a game that simulates a simulator.

Just a few thoughts, now back to my outdated FS9, that works, always.

Oops, back to topic, yes, MSFS scenery is nice, but so is my regressed Golden Wings, Misty Moorings , Glacier Bay & many others.

Edited by zswobbie1

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

En fait rien n'étant parfait dans ce monde, personnellement suis bien satisfaite d'avoir enfin un simulateur qui ne nécessite plus de me ruiner en addons pour en rendre les paysages crédibles, certes le panel d'avions me laisse un peu déçue car mettre un 747 ou un airbus sans la moindre explication sur la mise en mémoire d'un plan de vol ou de la gestion d'un vol d'un décollage ou d'une approche c'est un peu comme donner une brosse a dent a un poulet ou un jeu d'échecs a un babouin ( quoi-que ^^) ".. surtout que les PA dans tous les modèles ne sont absolument pas fiables ( j'attends avec grande impatience la mise a disposition payante évidemment (souvent au prix de FSMS de base d'un A320 ou d'un B737 pro , et autres comme nous en avons sur les anciens simulateurs .. pour ma part quand j'ai envie de faire un vol sérieux je retourne sur p3d .... et quand j'ai envie de me balader je viens sur FSMS.. en attendant mieux . mais il y a trois choses que j'aimerais voir revenir sur notre nouveau simulateur 1er le replay ( très important pour revoir et corriger ses défauts ) 2 la possibilité d'imprimer ses plans de vol ( plus de moyens pour les améliorer ) et enfin les avions proposés sont d'un ' synthètisme" affligeant ou sont les vrais avions vintages ? les DC3 les De-havilland et autres ?? mes salutations et respects amicaux a tous et toutes ^^ Edited by Josette