hardware suggestions

I ordered a new dell on presidents day, I had no idea GPU's are hard to find. Its a I-7 10700 with a RTX 3060ti, 512gb M2 and 1tb spinner. I'm glad it was a spur of the moment decision, because I see the cards going for roughly what I payed for the whole system on ebay.

after googling FS2020 with 3060ti I was amazed at this sim, its been maybe 4 years since I've played, the videos look breathtaking.

I last played x-plane, don't know what version. I had a MS force feedback (very old I know) My question/request is what would you recommend to order for flight control while I wait for my system to arrive. Its been stuck in El Paso for 10 days now.

Thanks in advance for your input.

I ordered a new dell on presidents day, I had no idea GPU's are hard to find. Its a I-7 10700 with a RTX 3060ti, 512gb M2 and 1tb spinner. I'm glad it was a spur of the moment decision, because I see the cards going for roughly what I payed for the whole system on ebay.

after googling FS2020 with 3060ti I was amazed at this sim, its been maybe 4 years since I've played, the videos look breathtaking.

I last played x-plane, don't know what version. I had a MS force feedback (very old I know) My question/request is what would you recommend to order for flight control while I wait for my system to arrive. Its been stuck in El Paso for 10 days now.

I personally use a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. Has a LOT of buttons which I can program for various tasks. The only compliant I have heard is that the newer ones are very stiff, but eventually get easier to use.

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

Nice rig!

For flight control, if you want total immersion and realism, you may want to look into a yoke setup, but those can be pricey (especially the high-end brands like Honeycomb).

If you're looking for something like a HOTAS or just a joystick, Thrustmaster offers a number of nice products that can fit your needs, as does Logitech (but Thrustmaster is often considered the better brand of the two).

The problem, however, is that flight controls are like GPUs now, extremely hard to find and very expensive on the used market. You may want to check out the sell/buy section of the forums here or look up on Offerup.com for anybody that might be selling controls nearby you.

Ryzen 5 5600x / NVIDIA 3060 Ti Founder's Edition / ASRock B450M Steel Legend Motherboard / 2TB Inland Premium TLC NVMe SSD / 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM / Monitor: Monoprice Zero-G 35" UWQHD (3440x1440 Ultrawide)