I have a 42" monitor already, want to add two others, thoughts?

As the title says, I have a single large monitor mounted to the wall behind my desk. It works just fine but the desk is rather deep so I was thinking since my VR setup is not the best for MSFS just yet, how about if I add two more monitors to either side of the big boy. I figure I could use two cheap 30in monitors to flank and give immersion. What do you think I should do?

3 screens might look nice, but ask people running in multi screen what there framerates are. They have to turn the graphics settings down quite a bit even with the best equipment.

If the monitors stand on your large desk, then that's fine. The other option would be wall mounts - the ones with arms would probably suit you.

What are your CPU and GPU specs?

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

just buy an Ultra Wide, job done!

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

I am using 1 - samsung 49" curved monitor for main screen. I am using a 27" for my over head panels....which do not exist at this time and also 2 - 17" for my cock pit MFD"s

I am running around 17FPM with all monitors up and running.

I also am using 17 go flight modules.

Computer specs

Intell@core i-7 -107000, 8-core 3.8GHz turbo, NVIDIA GeForce RTX2070 8GB, 16 GBDDR4 -3000MHz memory, 480GB solid state drive, 1TB SATA III hard drive, Windows 10. Using 17 goflight modules, CH yoke and pedals, 49” monitor, 2-19” monitors and one 27” for a over head panel…if ever we get a over head panel that will detach and move.

Hobbitrocks

IMG_20201006_175346214.jpg

I am using 1 - samsung 49" curved monitor for main screen. I am using a 27" for my over head panels....which do not exist at this time and also 2 - 17" for my cock pit MFD"s

I am running around 17FPM with all monitors up and running.

I also am using 17 go flight modules.

Computer specs

Intell@core i-7 -107000, 8-core 3.8GHz turbo, NVIDIA GeForce RTX2070 8GB, 16 GBDDR4 -3000MHz memory, 480GB solid state drive, 1TB SATA III hard drive, Windows 10. Using 17 goflight modules, CH yoke and pedals, 49” monitor, 2-19” monitors and one 27” for a over head panel…if ever we get a over head panel that will detach and move.

Hobbitrocks

Have you tried VR? if you like it then maybe you don't need all those screens..... I almost went down that route, but then the G2 came out and was a game changer for me.... one big screen is sufficient for me now ... and will all those screens not kill/steal the oomph from the GPU?

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

Well yes, I have tried VR. I have had an Oculus, Oculus Rift and now the Quest 2 with the link cable installed. It works INCREDIBLY well with DCS and I have zero.zero problems running at max values. On MSFS however, I have to enable the Oculus program running in the background, then I must have the XR kit running as well which is the best tool I've ever seen to help my Quest 2. I have to tweak it a little and have gotten it pretty close but I'm wondering if I need to address the Nvidia settings on the card as well. It's a ton of work when DCS is plug and play with no hiccups. I know, I know, DCS is a sandbox while MSFS is a network based graphics monster.

As the title says, I have a single large monitor mounted to the wall behind my desk. ... how about if I add two more monitors to either side of the big boy....

Hi.

I've gone that route in Tracking, Multi monitors, VR, MS and XP ... and ended up getting a good Jstick, Throttle, Rudder, combo and with the proper assignments to you will not need them.

Start with the Jstick Twist assigned to View Left / Right...