Discovered a useful trick

Place yourself on a runway set for take-off brakes off.... on the screen menu hit pause, take your engines up to take-off speed and wait a min then hit pause again..... It's like a steam catapult!!!! discovered hit by accident in the TBM tonight..... Edited by daspinall

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

Yep...nothing like pulling a 4g takeoff in a Cessna :)
Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

If your plane becomes iced up in flight. --> Drop down the Weather Menu at the top and raise the air temperature. The ice will gradually melt away and you can continue your flight safely !

Why ruin the realism of the sim?

Because not everyone is interested in that :)

Some love the scenery.

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

I actually have a steam catapult. I bought the aircraft carrier addon a few weeks back (I can’t remember the name at the moment) anyway you can use it’s steam catapult anywhere & with any aircraft. I haven’t done it for a while but I’ll try this trick at the weekend

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

While it is an interesting "trick", it supports my request to the Zendesk to make "pause" a real pause, as it is/was in FSX. EVERYTHING needs to stop (ATC, fuel, time, sound, etc.).

I hope others agree with this.

Tim

Fully agree with Tim, we need a real pause that simply puts everything on hold as per FSX.

Windows 11 MB MSI X-570 -A Pro, CPU--AMD Ryzen 5-5600 3.7 GHz, 6 core, 16G Ram, DDR 3600 MHz AMD Radeon 6800 Graphics card.

Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, Saitek Autopilot and Switch panel, Echo (Arduino build) autopilot and controller, Saitek Rudder pedals. 3 Monitors.

Oculus Rift 2 Virtual Reality headset.

While it is an interesting "trick", it supports my request to the Zendesk to make "pause" a real pause, as it is/was in FSX. EVERYTHING needs to stop (ATC, fuel, time, sound, etc.).

I hope others agree with this.

Tim

It does seem as though you can hit ESC and have a normal pause and return with "Resume" John

Windows 11 MB MSI X-570 -A Pro, CPU--AMD Ryzen 5-5600 3.7 GHz, 6 core, 16G Ram, DDR 3600 MHz AMD Radeon 6800 Graphics card.

Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, Saitek Autopilot and Switch panel, Echo (Arduino build) autopilot and controller, Saitek Rudder pedals. 3 Monitors.

Oculus Rift 2 Virtual Reality headset.

It does seem as though you can hit ESC and have a normal pause and return with "Resume" John

It’s not foolproof at the moment though. Many of us find that when you return to the sim, your fuel mixture lever has been moved down. I certainly have this sometimes. I have to quickly move it up & down before the engine cuts out.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Why ruin the realism of the sim?

I get ya I'm all for realism in flight sim, but there is room for fun too...... this came from a mishap with the pause button.... I saw the potential right away for short takeoffs when needed like ditching in a field.... happy landings

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

Speaking of realism...

how about a full throttle rocket lauch of a 787 or A320 from Meigs?

I'd love to see that video :)

Asus Z590 P, Intel I7-10700K, nVidia RTX 4070, 64gb ram(3200), 2 nvme ssd (2 tb total),

Samsung QN90B 43" 4k@120hz, Bose Companion 5 PC speakers, Velocity Flight One

Speaking of realism...

how about a full throttle rocket lauch of a 787 or A320 from Meigs?

I'd love to see that video :)

Meigs! those were fun days.... I landed a few 747's there on fumes....... speaking of which is there a new hub like Meigs where everyone meets..... I have my rig and software running sweet now and turned on multiplayer for the first time yesterday....... it's time to start being social again....

Place yourself on a runway set for take-off brakes off.... on the screen menu hit pause, take your engines up to take-off speed and wait a min then hit pause again..... It's like a steam catapult!!!! discovered hit by accident in the TBM tonight.....

Or you could just set full throttle with the brakes on, wait until all the gauges on the TBM rev up, or whatever, and then release the brakes. Same effect, I think. I watched a YouTube video of a couple of pilots in a real TBM (a 940, as opposed to the 930 in the sim) who took it on a short flight in Florida to demonstrate the newest Garmin 3000, which has autothrottle. Anyway, that's the way they did it. Since watching the video, that's the way I've begun all my takeoffs. Throttle up with the brake on; release; go!

HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

Or you could just set full throttle with the brakes on, wait until all the gauges on the TBM rev up, or whatever, and then release the brakes. Same effect, I think. I watched a YouTube video of a couple of pilots in a real TBM (a 940, as opposed to the 930 in the sim) who took it on a short flight in Florida to demonstrate the newest Garmin 3000, which has autothrottle. Anyway, that's the way they did it. Since watching the video, that's the way I've begun all my takeoffs. Throttle up with the brake on; release; go!

I've done the same thing flying out of KSPG (St. Petersburg FL). Full throttle with the brakes on, then about 5 seconds or so later, release. Very short runway! Of course, it is worth it, the view of the Sunshine Skyway bridge is nice!

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

I've been on many plane journeys over the years and it's quite normal practice to run up the engines with brakes on, usually short runways and big jets with max takeoff weight.....