When I did the last update it stopped about halfway through. After I restarted the sim, it finished the update. Today, it stopped after 19 meg. It kept trying to download the same file and failing. So I had to restart the sim again.

Did it do the MS Store bit first? There’s a small update which you have to do via the store before you launch the sim.

Mind you.. some say they’ve had problems with that too

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Did it do the MS Store bit first? There’s a small update which you have to do via the store before you launch the sim.

Mind you.. some say they’ve had problems with that too

Regards

Steve

I have the stream edition. In the past, I just ran msfs and it updated ok.

Ok. Sorry I don’t know the answer.

Maybe someone else will know.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

It kept trying to download the same file and failing. So I had to restart the sim again.

Try some of the fixes suggested by Zendesk in these FAQ's, the Network Auto-tune and IPv6 solutions combined worked for me:

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016844080-Download-stuck-on-packages-Install-loop-Decompressing-issues

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Ok. Sorry I don’t know the answer.

Maybe someone else will know.

Regards

Steve

I don't know the answer either. As stated somewhere else, I didn't have any problem with the update.

Just wanted to let you know that the Steam version (the one I have) also does the small pre-update before launching MSFS.

Windows 10 Home - Intel i7 9700 4.70GHz - 32Gb DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6Gb - Kingston 512Gb SSD - Internet 1Gbps (test 600+ Mbps)

I did the MS store update first. Then opened MSFS and it did the upgrade but when I go to the market place it will not open! Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Hi Captain, there are a few posts about this on the Avsim forum...

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/591977-marketplace-not-working-in-msfs2020-now/

It appears it’s to do with not being connected to the MS servers. Check at the top right of your screen (in flight sim) to see if you are connected.

Regards

Steve