Last leg in Jan's King Air

Rupert

EGMH to EBFM at mostly 10K' in not the best of flying weather. After arrival I left the Green King Air for Jan to crash into the ocean, or some body of water as he usually does. It does seem like the waste of a perfectly good plane!

1 Tower view at EGMH Manston.jpg

2 Takeoff roll at EGMH.jpg

3 Climbing out.jpg

4 Lots of clouds at 6K!  Hope it's better on top!.jpg

5 Clearer at 10,5K.jpg

6 I'm going to miss this King Air!!  Jan will probably just put it into the drink..jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10 Ships and more ships.jpg

11 Starting down to 2,000.jpg

12 Gear down and locked near Amsterdam.jpg

MORE IN THE REPLY;)

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

All’s well that ends well! :pilot:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

All’s well that ends well! :pilot:

I hope! Knowing Jan, he might miss my messages and forget to retrieve it! :rolleyes: But in that case, it'd probably stay dry except on rainy days.:D

Michael

A fun excursion!

Thanks for your reply! Having said that, dealing with Jan has never been a fun excursion. It's been a several year "event" "travesty" etc.!!

I'm just glad that adults like Jan who still play with full size electric trains have another hobby as well!!;)

But all in all, he is amenable most days! And is very likeable unless of course you happen to own a runway based airplane he just "landed" in the water!!:eek:

In fact there is a museum in Florida which although it exactly doesn't actually name Jan, reminds us of some of Jan's most memorable "flights!!"

Michael

Edited by Rupert

Having not been part of this forum for awhile, I'm confused by all the references to this "Jan" y'all speak of. Is this an inside joke, or a reference to a real person? I have an appetite for instruction. lol

- James

Intel i7-10700F 2.9 gigahertz - 16GB Memory DDR4 3000 megahertz - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8GB - 480GB SSD + 1TB HDD - Windows 10

Having not been part of this forum for awhile, I'm confused by all the references to this "Jan" y'all speak of. Is this an inside joke, or a reference to a real person? I have an appetite for instruction. lol

Yes Jan is possibly as "real" as many of us who post here often. His nom de plume is Jan Von Peerhoven, or real close to that. He posts as Peer01. He lives in Amsterdam and has been online since before some current posters were born.

Like many/most of us, Jan has a continuous online line of narration. He is often portrayed as a master instructor of pilots, someone who is always crashing into the water, the owner of a huge hanger full of various aircraft, etc. etc. He also "lives in an old train station and plays with electric commuter trains-cars, etc."

Is any of this information actually or even partially correct?? :D:D:confused: Judge for yourself. Jan has a home page on this site. Look him up.;) Rupert

Edited by Rupert