Say what you will about FS20 - I am VERY impressed

I took two flights this morning in my little C152X - One off a listed tiny grass strip airport in the middle of peaceful Amish Country in N/E Indiana to fly over my brother's home, the other off a listed tiny grass strip airport in the N/E Illinois Chain O Lakes region to overfly my son's new lake home on Pistakee Lake.

Took some screen shots that 'looked like' they were taken from my cell phone in a real C152. Positively stunning recreations.

The plane flew and reacted to the ground terrain quite realistically IMHO both in sound and in handling characteristics.

Also IMHO light years ahead of my FSX-SE sim.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

I absolutely agree! Once more third-party scenery and aircraft are available, I do not see myself purchasing anything else for X plane or P3D.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

iam new to flight sims and this is my first one. (i really like the sim.) i can now take off and land the 152, its been a struggle to learn what to do but i got there in the end. i would love to take off from my local airport which is doncaster/sheffield in the uk and fly over my house, but at them moment i dont know how to find where my house is and fly to it. it would be nice if i could find my heading location from the airport and just fly a straight line over my house..

AMD Ryzen 5 3600X Processor,32"wide screen Samsung monitor

MSI MAG B550M MORTAR Motherboard mATX, AM4, DDR4

Pioneer 1TB NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 Gen 3x4,Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 OC

Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB)

lotusteve,

One option to find your home is to download LittleNavMap, free software for navigation, flight planning, etc. You can drill down in the map to street level, find your street, home, and then "bookmark" it on the map for future flying use.

The program is a bit intense but extremely useful as you learn your way around.

despite the bugs, I cant seem to go back to prepar3d or xplane. I just fly around in the Cessna 152.

Exactly, you cant. Its a level of improvement the other sims look cartoonish.

And Im not talking just about the scenery, its airports, planes how they shine sound and move, cockpits even as default they have an immersive shine that surpasses other platforms

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

I too turn off the complaint ear and just go with what is in front of me. If that team is committed to make this a great simulation, give them time. I was messing around with it yesterday flying out of a small airport in Dallas and I could not see anything once I got into the soup. It was so real!. Sure there are cities that are not exact but with time they will be. I was really impressed how the ground trucks surrounded me when I was parked and watching GA get a push back. Keep it up Asobo!!

But for anything else the Sim blows !! there aree too many problems right now

Its ok, I have flown flight simulator with just blue for water and brown and green for earth and a few buildings here and there, and it was ok too.

So I can live the imperfections. As more people use the sim, the more bugs they will find and it will constantly get better with updates.

Patience is needed. In the mean time I will enjoy the scenery and wait for the aircraft addons.

Started: Flight Simulator 98 (Year 1999)

Private Pilot Certificate ASEL: August 7th 2014

Agreed it's very impressive, but lots of bugs to iron out both at home and at Xbox studios...... My system keeps crashing so only getting sneak previews and I like what I see.......

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

I took two flights this morning in my little C152X - One off a listed tiny grass strip airport in the middle of peaceful Amish Country in N/E Indiana to fly over my brother's home, the other off a listed tiny grass strip airport in the N/E Illinois Chain O Lakes region to overfly my son's new lake home on Pistakee Lake.

Took some screen shots that 'looked like' they were taken from my cell phone in a real C152. Positively stunning recreations.

The plane flew and reacted to the ground terrain quite realistically IMHO both in sound and in handling characteristics.

Also IMHO light years ahead of my FSX-SE sim.

Randy, What was the airport in NE Indiana?

I9-10900kf, gtx3090, 32gb ddr 4 3200mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke, Alienware monitor 34 inch @ 3440 x 1440

I want to add my thoughts here as a person who has been flying sims on and off since 1982. MSFS2020 has bugs and needs further work, but all in all it is a remarkable achievement. I look forward to it being improved over the next months and year(s). It's an absolute blast to fly, and the $100ish price tag is hard to believe.

Reid-Eash Airport-25IN

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

Got a tip from someone

Fixes a serious of problems that we think are "bugs"

apparently there are too many keys (keyboard) assigned to systems, mainly autopilot.

Since I never use the keyboard other than for Menu keys or some classic one letter-input like L for lights in case I dont want to do it manually, I kept the most common keyboard keys that I use and deleted all the rest (electric, nav, fuel, surfaces, autopilot, etc)

Edited by Kapitan

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

Thanks i will download littlenavmap and have a go with it..

cheers steve. going to have a go at this..

Hi everyone. I'm going to be building my first flight sim setup and still going back and forth between FS2020 and XPlane. Can someone enlighten be as to what the "bugs" are that are being mentioned? What are the major complaints about FS2020 compared to Xplane? I just want to make sure I start with the right flight sim program.

I'm already leaning toward FS2020, as I want to feel as immersed as possible with the sounds and visuals.