OK. I think I've Had it.

I'm coming up on 2 months now. I have had ONE normal flight -- that is, with no bugs, errors, anomalies, etc.

Tonight, I left Exeter (EGTE) in the Baron. Sudden loss of control. Paused a few minutes, and was able to resume. Successfully engaged AP on NAV and ALT.

Lookin' good. Then I paused and went into the drop-down menu to alter the clouds. On return, TOTAL LOSS OF CONTROL! Plane headed straight up for the moon. It did respond to extreme pressure on joystick and, oddly, steady nose-down pressure on tab trim. Eventually regained control, but could never again engage AP successfully.

Back to P3D, until they get this thing flying right and publish a real manual.

(Maybe I'll cool off by morning.)

Mac6737

Don’t use Active Pause? Go into the optionns menu and set up keys for conventional pause on and off.

Vern and Amberdog,

Well, I've been using Active Pause with no apparent problems until this week.

Using the ESC key would be nice, except you forget that when you ESC to pause, you're looking at the Home Page, and cannot manipulate your controls, or pull down the in-flight menu.

Finally, I noticed early on that the old P key did not work; took me a while to realize that Active Pause is different from Pause in FSX, where it freezes the screen and turns off the sound. So I thought my Pause/Break key was defective, and I assigned Active Pause to the P key. Are you telling me there's a "conventional pause" like the old one in FSX? I don't think so.

Mac6737

Yep, if you open the Controls settings page and search for "pause" it's there but not assigned.

You need to assign "p" for pause, and "Ctrl+p" for un-pause, then Save the settings.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

OK...inquiring minds...

So this is what I found;

Under 'Controls/keyboard' (make sure 'Filter' is "All").

'MISCELLANEOUS';

- "SET PAUSE OFF"

- "SET PAUSE ON"

2 separate settings - 2 separate keys can be set...

'MENU';

- "TOGGLE ACTIVE PAUSE" - default key = PAUSE

- "TOGGLE PAUSE" - default key = ESC

So there it is. 'Set' keys under 'MISCELLANEOUS', or default settings under 'MENU' with "TOGGLE".

Yep, if you open the Controls settings page and search for "pause" it's there but not assigned.

You need to assign "p" for pause, and "Ctrl+p" for un-pause, then Save the settings.

That worked for me!

Also, as a result, I finally found my neighborhood, and a very "rough" estimation of what my house looks like in MSFS

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

OK...inquiring minds...

So this is what I found;

Under 'Controls/keyboard' (make sure 'Filter' is "All").

'MISCELLANEOUS';

- "SET PAUSE OFF"

- "SET PAUSE ON"

2 separate settings - 2 separate keys can be set...

'MENU';

- "TOGGLE ACTIVE PAUSE" - default key = PAUSE

- "TOGGLE PAUSE" - default key = ESC

So there it is. 'Set' keys under 'MISCELLANEOUS', or default settings under 'MENU' with "TOGGLE".

Thanks for your efforts.

I changed "TOGGLE ACTIVE PAUSE" to the Pause/Break key. It does nothing, so maybe that key really is defective on my keyboard.

Then I did what you said under MISC, and SET PAUSE ON = p, PAUSE OFF = CTRL + p.

I don't believe I saw any difference between that "Pause" and "Active Pause." Motor keeps going.

Mac6737

Thanks for your efforts.

I changed "TOGGLE ACTIVE PAUSE" to the Pause/Break key. It does nothing, so maybe that key really is defective on my keyboard.

Then I did what you said under MISC, and SET PAUSE ON = p, PAUSE OFF = CTRL + p.

I don't believe I saw any difference between that "Pause" and "Active Pause." Motor keeps going.

Mac6737

The motor sound does keep going, but the Pause did work for me.

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

I understand your complete frustration... My advice walk away for a few days, I've had three weeks of more crashes than flights.... I did some upgrades and now it all seems to work OK.... my only problem now are MS software bugs..... and those days are numbered as the team work there way through them....

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

Just a thought here, but has anyone experiencing these problems "optimized" their Windows 10 by removing "un-necessary" apps as recommended by some online "expert"?

Some of these "un-necessary" apps are actually necessary to MSFS, so you're much better off with a "vanilla" Windows 10 than an "optimized" Windows 10.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64