MSFS2020 Won’t Start

Trying to get Flight Simulator to open and the bar on the bottom of the screen goes all the way across and that’s it. It won’t even open in Safe Mode. The only thing different I have done is add a second monitor for showing things like NeoFly or charts. I used it last night had no problem. I installed the new Kodiak 100 Series ll. Thinking this might be what’s wrong. Any ideas what I need to do now?

Trying to get Flight Simulator to open and the bar on the bottom of the screen goes all the way across and that’s it. It won’t even open in Safe Mode. The only thing different I have done is add a second monitor for showing things like NeoFly or charts. I used it last night had no problem. I installed the new Kodiak 100 Series ll. Thinking this might be what’s wrong. Any ideas what I need to do now?

Currently having server issues. It’s on their end, not ours.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

Currently having server issues. It’s on their end, not ours.

Sigh, and here I thought the problem was on my end and I am reinstalling it!!

Oh well, I've been wanting to relocate it to a different drive anyways.

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

Sigh, and here I thought the problem was on my end and I am reinstalling it!!

Oh well, I've been wanting to relocate it to a different drive anyways.

Me too unfortunately!!!

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.

Me too unfortunately!!!

18 hours later and it is finally done!!!

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

18 hours later and it is finally done!!!

I am so sorry it takes you this long to get MSFS downloaded and installed. You must have a very slow internet speed? Please don't take this to sound like I'm bragging, PLEASE DON"T, but it only takes me 1:55 minutes to download and install MSFS. I did it twice yesterday and twice today. This last time I got it installed in the proper drive and directory-too many mess-ups the 1st 3 times.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.

My speed is 600+ from Xfinity, however (a BIG however), my speed from MS varies from 30 down to 5/sec

Can't explain the why but it does, wish I could get that part done faster. Two hours would be great!!

Sad as it is Xfinity like FiOS will throttle large downloads to slower speeds at times. I find when updating MSFS its best to do it early in the morning, before 6am local and it goes very fast and smoothly.

That could be the case. I did find that it was going faster when I got up the next morning............