Capt.Charlier

Hello fellow pilots,

I have since 3 days a major issue with my weather engine from HiFi active sky Evolution.

Whatever i do, i got always the message that my clock is set into the future and therefore the engine isn't able to give real time weather.

I've installed SP5 because that should solve this issue, but without luck. Second i cleared the browser but also without luck.

So i switched to the weather engine from REX overdrive, but also no real time weather availlable.

I did follow severall stepps mentioned in the world of google but nothing works on both weather engines.

Now i'll hope someone around here can give me a solution on this issue, because this isn't funny anymore.

And yes i know FS2004 is heavy outdated but i just love this version very much.

Thank you friends for reading this and willing to help an old pilot in need lol.

http://www.worldwidevirtual.net/common/images/signatures/WW2634.png

Check your BIOS to make sure the time is set correctly. Also check in Windows to make sure the time is set properly.

Both settings checked and are correct! I also checked the firewall settings, both applications are set correctly.

This was a problem from memory that SP5 does fix. If you installed SP5 after this issue started happening may be worth uninstalling ASE completely and then reinstalling ASE fresh with SP5. I don't think this problem has anything to do with your system. It was an ASE issue. I'm not 100% certain but around 99%.
Mark Daniels

Capt Charlier,

Same problem here. As you exactly described, just in the past 3 days which renders the replies to your inquiry totally baseless. I'm sure they meant well. I have contacted HiFi and will provide my response here for you.

Michael

Capt Charlier,

Same problem here. As you exactly described, just in the past 3 days which renders the replies to your inquiry totally baseless. I'm sure they meant well. I have contacted HiFi and will provide my response here for you.

Michael

And I am sure you meant well too. But I used the program yesterday and didn't have an issue. Interested to know what HiFi tells you.

This was a problem from memory that SP5 does fix. If you installed SP5 after this issue started happening may be worth uninstalling ASE completely and then reinstalling ASE fresh with SP5. I don't think this problem has anything to do with your system. It was an ASE issue. I'm not 100% certain but around 99%.

Okay I did a clean install with the program and SP5, but the issue remains. I did un-install again cleaned the Register stroke and a 100% fresh clean install, with SP4 and SP5 and still have the issue.

I've also checked REX weather engine and FS9 inbuild engine but also no weather

Capt Charlier,

Michael

Thank you i'll look forward to the outcome of that response

I have my doubts this is the issue or if it will even fix it, but a shot in the dark and worth looking into anyway in case these options are not enabled which they probably should be for the sake of eliminating any future grief with something that depends on it.

If you go into the Control Panel | Internet Options, do your encryption settings look like what I highlighted in yellow?

1.jpg

And I am sure you meant well too. But I used the program yesterday and didn't have an issue. Interested to know what HiFi tells you.

Same. Just checked it right now, no issues.

I had this problem a long time ago and as I said in my post, SP5 was the fix. If there are any new issues, HIFI really don't have to respond or fix anything. The product is well beyond any product support period.

Mark Daniels

Hi CRJ_simpilot,

I did look at your advice and noticed that SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 where disabled in my settings. For now I enabled both settings and started HiFi active sky again and for the start i have to admid that it is working. Maybe you found the solution for this problem, i'll keep you all informed after i completed a flight. I did run a test period of 15 minutes and didn't get any error. So let's go and plan a flight with hopefulle real weather again.

Sounds good. I just had a felling the secure connection to HiFi was out of wack so to speak and it was really a shot in the dark as to the nature of the error.

Can anyone else confirm?

The only thing I can confirm is that it's been working fine for me. No issues.

Sorry, i have too report that the issue is still here. After 35 min of flight the issue returns. Problem is not solved.

No, didn't think it would be. You said you are having problems with REX as well which is kinda odd as others have stated they are only having problems with ASE.

Are the problem users all using the same virus software/firewall?

Edited by Skywatcher12
Mark Daniels

Still haven't heard back from Hi-Fi. Perhaps bam-bam can share his little secret as to why he's immune from the same problem we are all experiencing. Heck. Maybe he even knows the genetic sequencing formula that will result in the Covid vaccine? :o

Still haven't heard back from Hi-Fi. Perhaps bam-bam can share his little secret as to why he's immune from the same problem we are all experiencing. Heck. Maybe he even knows the genetic sequencing formula that will result in the Covid vaccine? :o

I don't have the problem either. I just checked again before posting this.

Mark Daniels

As I rely heavily on ASE I thought I'd better check this out. Having run the sim for an hour, thankfully no problems arise. Of the SSL's highlighted in post#10 only SSL2.0 and 3.0 are ticked in my system. 1.0 is not and there's no 1.1 or 1.2 box to tick. Use HTTP1.1 is also ticked.

My flight deck runs on Win XP Pro SP3. What OS is installed on the machines with the problem?

As I rely heavily on ASE I thought I'd better check this out. Having run the sim for an hour, thankfully no problems arise. Of the SSL's highlighted in post#10 only SSL2.0 and 3.0 are ticked in my system. 1.0 is not and there's no 1.1 or 1.2 box to tick. Use HTTP1.1 is also ticked.

My flight deck runs on Win XP Pro SP3. What OS is installed on the machines with the problem?

My Flightdeck runs on WOS 7 32 bits, but never had this issue before until a few days ago.

You need to add a patch and a few registry entries for those TLS versions in XP. I tied it myself and couldn't get it to work.

https://www.smartftp.com/en-us/support/kb/2754