The Storms-a-Coming

Very nice! Looks like you were able to get out of the way :pilot:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As a USMC chopper pilot out of MCAF Santa Ana I know exactly what you are dealing with!! Having said that, I also will point out the issues of one of my commutes!!:eek:

In the '60's I lived in a condo on Chapman Boulevard in the City of Orange within sight of the then Anaheim Angels baseball stadium. In fact unless I was careful to close my outdoor blinds, I always knew when the Angels won a game because their glowing Halo could be seen and lighted up my house and probably others further away for miles.:eek::eek:

One night at about 22:30 after night flying I was traveling home in the fog. I was making sure I could see the the right verge and was therefore, I thought, right on track. This night I came to a railroad crossing and found the crossing gates, signals, etc. were all on my left!!!! So I stopped my car and got out and looked around.

It was now obvious that since I didn't live in the UK then, I'd driven on the wrong side of the road for about a block, looking to see what was on my right. The rest of that story is, since there were huge lane dividers, I'd have to drive about another block on the wrong (left) side of the road before the dividers ended and I could moved hugely to the right and now be on the appropriate side of the road!!

TBTG, I was apparently the only driver out on that road that night!!

Michael

Edited by Rupert
Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Wonderful pictures :cool::cool::cool: , but I'm glad I stayed in the bar! :pilot:

Other than the regular unplanned water landing, when are you ever away from a bar!!!!

Speaking of which, the case of Highland Park I ordered on your credit card appeared today!! Thanks so much!! Though frankly, I am totally worthy of your unplanned contributions!!

Michael

Used to live in Riverside. Went Angels stadium once. Also been to Universal Studios, Disneyland, Knots Berry farm, San Juan Capistrano, The La Brea tar pits, Newport Beach to deep sea fish, Big Bear many times and other places. California is a really nice place, but now it's utter &%$ thanks to politicians.

The storm's a coming alright...

Used to live in Riverside. Went Angels stadium once. Also been to Universal Studios, Disneyland, Knots Berry farm, San Juan Capistrano, The La Brea tar pits, Newport Beach to deep sea fish, Big Bear many times and other places. California is a really nice place, but now it's utter &%$ thanks to politicians.

The storm's a coming alright...

I certainly agree!! It all went downhill when they elected Reagan governor!! I liked him much more when he was on Death Valley Days!!!