The Forum Covers the World! BE CAREFUL MY FRIENDS!

Downwind66

Thanks, Rick! You take care too! I was just reading, over at the "other" site, all of the folks bemoaning that fact that their personal liberties are being infringed upon! :rolleyes:

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

7670BA27-7ED5-4A14-B591-E8277890E02B.jpeg

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks very much Rick, we're all in the same situation.....:(

This was our view during the morning rush hour a few days ago... Normally it's VERY busy in front of our house...

Rush hour..jpg

We have a lock down finally. Though shops, pubs, restaurants, museums etc. etc. were all closed, last weekend lots of people went to the beaches and woods. Trains were crowded, people walked in groups, unbelievable. It's all over now, when there are more than 3 people together (unless families have more children of course) or they don't keep a safe distance: You have to pay a lot of money!

I wish everybody all the health in the world, and please be careful!:):cool::pilot:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Stay safe everyone please and stay at home - spread the word, not the virus!

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

If only all people were sensible, we could get through this quicker.

I'm ashamed to say that here in the UK we've had reports of idiots (I could put that much stronger!) deliberately setting fire to ambulances and food delivery vans.

There were even some teenagers who thought it amusing to cough in the faces of the elderly.

Words fail me!

There were even some teenagers who thought it amusing to cough in the faces of the elderly.

Words fail me!

Couple of kids did this to a woman because they saw she was wearing a face mask.

As per the rest of what i quoted, nope, there are no words.

I was just reading, over at the "other" site, all of the folks bemoaning that fact that their personal liberties are being infringed upon! :rolleyes:

It doesn't take much to stir up the natives over there. lol

Please everyone just don't do stupid things. The panic buying makes life difficult for everyone now and will put people out of jobs later.

Mark Daniels

It COULD be that the YOUNG (15 to 51 yrs old) are carriers but are not being effected and not suffering any symptoms but able to spread it. It sounds like people are blaming the OLD folks (65 and over) for the pendemic. They are the ones that DO get effected, get sick, and die because they are old, weak, or have other physical pre conditions. But they are not the ONLY ones able to spread it. That is what makes is so dangerous because the ones spreading it are not old and not getting sick. So don't mingle with young (15 to 51) and only shop at 'Senior' hours. THINK! By May this should be over. Hang in there folks.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

• 2 weeks later...
Hunker down and stay safe everyone, hopefully by May things will start to get back to normal. :)

And don't worry about TP the leaves will be out soon. ;)

Glad to see you're still here and kicking fanny! :D Heck, I have 2 dozen old Sears catalogs. Watch out for the slick cover pages! :eek:

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I think the best advice to finally beat this little critter is to assume EVERYONE around you is infected (even without symptoms). And that you YOURSELF may be infected as well. So extreme caution should be the M/O in this silent Spring...

I think the best advice to finally beat this little critter is to assume EVERYONE around you is infected (even without symptoms). And that you YOURSELF may be infected as well. So extreme caution should be the M/O in this silent Spring...

So true, my feelings exactly.

Glad to see you're still here and kicking fanny! :D Heck, I have 2 dozen old Sears catalogs. Watch out for the slick cover pages! :eek:

Still here Charlie. :D Always have the laundry tub or shower if all else fails. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Interesting the highest reported cases in my country come from the 20-29 year olds. Females a reasonable amount higher than males.

Clearly they are not concerned about Coronavirus and not worrying about social distancing etc.

This age group should all have grandparents. You would think they would have more sense.

On the lighter side:

91362008_133295441577146_5065348909799309312_n.jpg

Mark Daniels

Thanks, Rick! You take care too! I was just reading, over at the "other" site, all of the folks bemoaning that fact that their personal liberties are being infringed upon! :rolleyes:

Utterly unnecessary. You should beware equating infringement of personal liberties with the ogoing need to stay-in and curtail contact, which might just save their lives, and yours!

It COULD be that the YOUNG (15 to 51 yrs old) are carriers but are not being effected and not suffering any symptoms but able to spread it. It sounds like people are blaming the OLD folks (65 and over) for the pendemic. They are the ones that DO get effected, get sick, and die because they are old, weak, or have other physical pre conditions. But they are not the ONLY ones able to spread it. That is what makes is so dangerous because the ones spreading it are not old and not getting sick. So don't mingle with young (15 to 51) and only shop at 'Senior' hours. THINK! By May this should be over. Hang in there folks.

Chuck B

Napamule

`15-51` is NO GUARANTEE OF immunity. Youngsters without `underlying` medical conditions are also now dying... and Nurses deserve protection.

Here in the UK, PPE (Personal protective equipment) is in short supply in all NHS (National Health Service) hospitals and care homes, the government say's that there is plenty in stock, in warehouses (unless they are lying!), but the problem is getting it to the hospitals etc, when there are thousands of trucks and drivers around the country lying idle which would normally being delivering non essential goods, these could be used to deliver essential goods to where they are needed!

What???

A government fib to it's people?

NO!

I can't believe it...

Ok, /sarcasm OFF

Have fun all!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

• 3 weeks later...
I hope everybody is OK and keeping safe, I would just like to take this opportunity to have a rant! I don't know if you people outside of the UK realise that the UK has a huge shortage of PPE, so desperate that last week British Airways completed a 22Hr round trip to China to collect vital PPE and the RAF are waiting to collect 84 tonnes of PPE from Turkey only to hear on the news that pharmaceutical suppliers in the UK are shipping millions of pieces of vital ppe to Germany, Italy and Spain! Whats going ON! the saying "couldn't organise a p*$$ up in brewery" comes to mind.

I hope everybody is OK and keeping safe, I would just like to take this opportunity to have a rant! I don't know if you people outside of the UK realise that the UK has a huge shortage of PPE, so desperate that last week British Airways completed a 22Hr round trip to China to collect vital PPE and the RAF are waiting to collect 84 tonnes of PPE from Turkey only to hear on the news that pharmaceutical suppliers in the UK are shipping millions of pieces of vital ppe to Germany, Italy and Spain! Whats going ON! the saying "couldn't organise a p*$$ up in brewery" comes to mind.

It's called "Money talks, BS walks."

I'd wager, although I don't actually KNOW, that the suppliers are getting more money from the German government, than the UK government offered.

So....that's where they're sending their products. If the UK government offers them more money, well, they'll suddenly get more cooperative. Maybe even friendly, although I wouldn't go that far. I bet their excuse is "Business is business.".

I also wouldn't trust ANY of the PPE from China to be useful or effective in any way. That would defeat their entire purpose in releasing the virus on the world.

But hey, maybe I'm just a cynical SOB.

Have fun all!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D