AI flight plans not showing up

My AI flight plans aren't showing up even though it went to the right location and said compile successful?When I loaded up FSX-SE it even said loading up new scenery after I compiled it. Also I exited out and did new routes but those won't show up either (This time it didn't say loading new scenery)Please help

What did you use to compile the flight plans.

Just note that you can't mix FSX and FS2004 flight plans in FSX otherwise only FS2004 flight plans will show up.

What directory are the flight plans in?

I made the target FSX-SE and I sent it to Scenery/world/scenery .

My AI flight plans aren't showing up even though it went to the right location and said compile successful?When I loaded up FSX-SE it even said loading up new scenery after I compiled it. Also I exited out and did new routes but those won't show up either (This time it didn't say loading new scenery)Please help

I spent ages with this, should have just come to the forums...

in AI Flight Planner (freeware) do .. Bulk Traffic > Convert FS9 traffic files

I did that and bingo they all started working

I set the target to FSX se and I sent it to scenery/world/scenery

1) What program did you use?

2) Were the flight plans created by you?

3) What is the name of the traffic file? If you don't see it in that scenery folder like it should be, I can tell you how to find it.

Please anwser every single question I ask. I already asked you in my first response what program you used.

1) What program did you use?

2) Were the flight plans created by you?

3) What is the name of the traffic file? If you don't see it in that scenery folder like it should be, I can tell you how to find it.

Please anwser every single question I ask. I already asked you in my first response what program you used.

I used AFIP and yes the flight plans were created by me and the name is Traffic_xxx_FSX.bgl they're in the scenery folder too

Did you make these trafficplans from scratch yourself?

Or are you trying to install some WOAI traffic?

I made them from scratch I followed your steps it said loading new scenery like it did in your tutorial but I didn't show up

Make sure you are checking at the right time of day. Time in trafficplans is UTC time by default. (Not local time at the airport location.)

That might be my issue because one of them departs at 12:00 out of Calgary so what time should It appear?

You can always go online and look at what the UTC time is and the + or - hour offset to your local time. https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/timezone/utc

So your answers here so far indicate that your flight plans are either not formatted correctly, or you have not used the correct time settings.

When making a trafficplan with AIFP you will see a small box marked "use local times". Click that box to put a check-mark in and any time you choose in Aifp will be compiled as local time.
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ah, forgot AIFP had that. I hand edit my own plans so I don't use the features at all except for compiling. For me, the times I use I don't care about. So long as I have random traffic I can see take off, cruise and land.

Whenever I doubt the timing (or something else) of a flightplan, I add an obvious airplane that should "always be there" (given the flightplan), but "not supposed to be there" (given the environment).

For example an Airbus Beluga, which does a one-hour per week flight flight on saturday night at 02:00am.

When I see that aircraft parked, I know the flightplan was loaded and I go looking for other errors.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

When making a trafficplan with AIFP you will see a small box marked "use local times". Click that box to put a check-mark in and any time you choose in Aifp will be compiled as local time.

Ok then that's not the problem because I have it as local time

Whenever I doubt the timing (or something else) of a flightplan, I add an obvious airplane that should "always be there" (given the flightplan), but "not supposed to be there" (given the environment).

For example an Airbus Beluga, which does a one-hour per week flight flight on saturday night at 02:00am.

When I see that aircraft parked, I know the flightplan was loaded and I go looking for other errors.

Wim

The plane I use is obvious I mean westjet at MDW

Alright one of my plans showed up but how do you out it at the gate? It's a 757 at MDW so it might not work

No real reason why it shouldn't work. Tried it with the AIG 757, runways are a bit short but it works.

Just set UTC time to +/- 5' before UTC scheduled departure time (from your fp), then watch and wait.

Arrivals are a bit more trail and error, you may have to set sim time up to +/- 20' before scheduled arrival time.

Wim

Edited by f16jockey_2
b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg