Thread: Question on installing flight plans

Default Question on installing flight plans

I downloaded a summer 2007 AI flight plan for FedEx. The file is zipped in the MRAI format, so I used the installer program to install the flight plans. I encountered two issues. The first issue is that the installer stated there were "several inconsistencies" with the FS9 aircraft folder. I have copied the "inconsistencies" it found:
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\aircraft\Curtiss_Jenny\aircraft.cfg - [fltsim.0] - No AIR file!
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\aircraft\DeHavilland_Comet\aircraft.cfg - [fltsim.0] - No AIR file!
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\aircraft\Douglas_DC3\aircraft.cfg - [fltsim.0] - No AIR file!
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\aircraft\iFDG Airbus A320 Ted\aircraft.cfg - [fltsim.0] - No MDL file!
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\aircraft\Lockheed_Vega\aircraft.cfg - [fltsim.0] - No AIR file!
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\aircraft\Vickers_Vimy\aircraft.cfg - [fltsim.0] - No AIR file!
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\aircraft\Curtiss_Jenny\aircraft.cfg - [fltsim.0] - Missing [fltsim.xx] section!
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\aircraft\DeHavilland_Comet\aircraft.cfg - [fltsim.0] - Missing [fltsim.xx] section!
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\aircraft\Douglas_DC3\aircraft.cfg - [fltsim.0] - Missing [fltsim.xx] section!
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\aircraft\Lockheed_Vega\aircraft.cfg - [fltsim.0] - Missing [fltsim.xx] section!
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\aircraft\Vickers_Vimy\aircraft.cfg - [fltsim.0] - Missing [fltsim.xx] section!

The installer cautioned not to continue without fixing the inconsistencies as the aircraft.cfg file could be damaged if they were not fixed. The second issue is that it looks like the flight plans didn't even install. I've got a lot of zipped files that have been downloaded for FS9. I installed a FedEx AI package that I beleive came from the project AI site. Based on the message I am seeing in the MRAI installer, the flight plans are looking for specific aircraft with specific registration numbers. I have included a screenshot of the message. Can anyone help with this?

Default RE: Question on installing flight plans

So, can anyone help me with this?

Is there not anyone that can help me with this?

A wild guess only. The file was corrupted during download. Try down loading again or ask for help at MRAI's forum. On this particular airline I used World of AI's Fed Ex flight plans and aircraft. It looks like your errors are for default aircraft that FED Ex doesn't even use. Oh yeah! and get a better AFCAD for KMEM if you want to see all those aircraft in their correct parking spots.
    Does MRAI supply the required aircraft as WOAI does?

Bill
    Intel Core 2 [email protected] 2.4 GHz-ASUS P52GB-OCZ Platinum DDR2 1066 K Premium MoBO
    XFX 8800 GTS 320MB PCI Express
    More Disk Space than I'll ever need.
    Gotta Love It!

Hi,

It's been a while since I've done an MRAI installation, but I think everything is OK at this point. As long as the installer is not warning you about a FedEx AI aircraft, then you don't have to worry.

Do you have some FedEx A300 and A310 (etc.) AI models downloaded from somewhere and installed? If not, then go download and install at least one of each type in that list. If that's done, then press the Associate aircraft button and link your installed FedEx aircraft to the various categories listed in your image. Nothing *has* to match - you can assign any aircraft you want to the various choices. Heck, you could even assign the Ford TriMotor to a FedEx A300 and it would fly those routes! Don't worry about Reg numbers, etc. at this point. Just assign the A300's to your A300 model, etc. If you have more than one model of each type, so much the better. Make sure you assign them all to get maximum variety.

Once you get things running you can install this package again with more realism if you like with more aircraft types, etc.

Hope this helps,

Thanks for the replies.

I thought that MRAI had closed their site down, but in order to keep existing MRAI flight plans available for install, I think the MRAI installer program was copied over to a few other flight simulator websites.

As far as the first set of errors, those are all FS9 default aircraft which I haven't used. It would appear that in the screenshot, the updated flight plans didn't get installed because I don't have the specific aircraft that the flight plans call for.

Is there a better FedEx AI package available? Any recommendations for a good KMEM AFCAD file? I've been looking for scenery for that airport, but haven't found any.

Once again, look for "World of AI" http://www.world-of-ai.com/

Bill
    Intel Core 2 [email protected] 2.4 GHz-ASUS P52GB-OCZ Platinum DDR2 1066 K Premium MoBO
    Gotta Love It!

I went to the World of AI site, and downloaded the FedEx package. I then started FS9 to allow it run the setup configuration. I closed FS9 and ran the MRAI install wizard -- SAME ISSUE STILL PRESENT. I don't understand why it isn't working. I assume then that what was downloaded from the World of AI site was aircraft and flight plans in use at the time the package was put up on the site and that for updates I am going to have to search the file library on this site for World of AI flight plans?

As with MRAI, WOAI requires you download their installer. Using this, the program installs the aircraft into your aircraft folder, the flightplan into scenery/world/scenery and low and behold an airline flies in your Sim world. In some cases even AFCAD's are installed. Next, make sure your traffic setting is set to 100% and you have plenty of parking at the airports. In this case mainly KMEM Memphis, Fed Ex's main Hub. It sounded to me that you ran the MRAI installer to install the WOAI flightplans. You also dont have to have FS9 running when you install the flight plans. Don't over complicate an easy process.

Bill
    Gotta Love It!

I'm not trying to overcomplicate an easy process. The World of AI package is current as of Summer 2005 (2 years ago). MRAI happens to have a flight plan file current as of Summer 2007. What should be an easy process of installing the base package (WOAI) and then installing the updated plans (MRAI) is turning out to not be easy at all.

I suppose that there is most likley no difference between the plans for Summer 2005 and the plans for Summer 2007. It would seem though that there has to be a way to make these two files work together. I did install them with the correct installer programs.