Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rudder Pedal Releases Parking Brake

Default Rudder Pedal Releases Parking Brake

Hey all. I've started needing to pay attention to the state of the parking brake and, for the first time, I realize the the rudder pedals disengage the parking brake if I move them at all.

Is anyway aware of a way to keep that from happening? Is there a setting for the Parking Brake to have it stick until I release it or is there an FSUIPC setting for that?

I'm tired of finding my plan in the side of a building when I get back from a quick drink run simply because I tapped a pedal while heading out.

Default RE: Rudder Pedal Releases Parking Brake

Aqrajag,
    Just want to add that that happens with the joy sticks, too. If you hit the 'trigger', your parking brake is OFF (same as hitting '.' on keyboard).

It IS annoying, but any 'fix' would require you to do ANOTHER seperate keypress to disengage, other than the '.' keypress. I am curious my self as that '..side of building' used to 'crash' me too, until I turned off crash detection (and leave it OFF). Now it don't matter.
    Chuck

It's funny because either the parking brake is the "." key or it isn't that key. How can they make it so that it has a key but that so many other elements can disturb that key?

You're probably tapping your toe brakes as it sounds like you have proper pedals. There is a way to stop that removing the parking brake, what you have to do is delete the trigger function for brakes on your joystick, that should cure this once and for all as then only a press of the '.' key will release them. I can push my toe-brakes all I want without any issues to the parking brake releasing.

Regards

John B.

www.fspassengers.com

John, these are CH Products Pro Pedals. How do I go about deleting the trigger function for the brakes? I'm assuming that's in assignment somewhere.

Thanks, and yes, this is because of FSP that I need that working after all this time. < grin >

Of course! Only because I don't have pedals did it not occur to me. Good show John.

What is interesting is that you can delete the 'trigger' function, and then use '.' for regular brakes! Right? Right!

I have a USB keypad, laying across front of keyboard, which I operate with my left hand (throttle, trim pitch, etc-13 commands total) and I have made the 'Del/.' key my parking brake key (normally 2 key presses ('shift+ .') and now only 1 key press). I NEED my trigger brakes for turning AC's around (along with using 'differential brakes' and/or reverse). I guess it's nice to have pedals.
    Chuck

I'm kind of assuming that you don't 'just' use pedals to fly, so have a joystick to actually fly with. When you go to assignments, you should have a drop down menu with all your devices in, pick the main flight axis controller you use (joystick) and look for the assignment for 'brakes' which should alongside the '.' key for keyboard be your 'trigger' button, usually 0 or 1, delete it and presto, no more knocking the parking brake off in error.

Regards

John B.

www.fspassengers.com

Ah, no joystick "trigger" in my assignments for brakes so that's not going to help me. I have a yoke so I kept not getting what you meant by the term "trigger". Silly me. It was rather obvious and I missed it.

Hello Rich:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but all of the creeping you see may not be because your parking brake is not set. I have found that when "I get back from a quick drink" regardless of whether the brake is set or not, in FS9 all aircraft creep forward. The only way I know of to keep this from happening is to go into the pause mode. This may be insignificant relative to what you are talking about, but thought you might want to observe a bit.

Hope you find a satisfactory solution.
    RTH

Update: The key press, which substitutes for 'Ctrl+.' (to set parking brake), TOGGLES! Any joystick / yoke button can also be used.

So, by disableing the trigger press=brake in joystick assignment, the trigger press does NOTHING, so no longer disengages parking brake.

To disengage parking brake, press key for 'parking brake' (as I said before, it TOGGLES-not 'repeat'- TOGGLES means 'press=on, next press= off), etc.

Why all the fuss? Just for general simming 'welfare' and mental sanity. What else is new (heehee). The 'best' action is to hit pause!
    Chuck

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast