Thread: Parking brake hold and taxi at brake release

1. Default Parking brake hold and taxi at brake release

I have posted this before but will do it again with a persistent problem I have with the parting brake holding the plane in place and when I release the parking brake the plane wants to immediately progress to a 20kt+ taxi without any throttle input. It does it on "ALL" planes and adjustments to the "parking brake hold" value and "toe brake scaler" value in the aircraft config. file as suggested in an early post doesn't correct it so it must be something else. This is a problem that has developed and persisted. Wondering if it might be something in the FS9.cfg

Any thoughts?:-)

Default RE: Parking brake hold and taxi at brake release

hi,
    open the aircraf .cfg and reduce the
    min_throttle_limit
    Sandokan

If you have a joystick with throttle; you have of course calibrated the stick and/or adjusted the sensitivities in FS9?

Hope this helps!

Bruno
    The presence of those seeking the truth, is infinitely to be prefered to those who think they have found it. Terry Pratchett

GF,
    The min_throttle_limit is for Rev-Thrust. Not 'min RPM'.

Yes, calibrate joy. Set throttle to zero when calibrating throttle.

Still, be ready to hit F1 (throttle shut off) if needed. I get that with some AC. After loading, as soon as I move joystick, it zooms off. It 'goes away' after I save 'flight' with that AC in it.

You could also hit F1 BEFORE you release parking brake (?)(DAH!) :-)Chuck

You might try setting your throttle in the off idle ( a little bit on) position and calibrating your control that way. If F1 slowes the idle down, it seems that your control is not going to the full idle position.

I think you may be right! I always use 'numerical' readout to set axis's in calibration. Maybe if I set throttle '1' (you can hold it there, and reach over with left hand and 'push button' (any) to 'set'). Then that slight 'error' will translate to 'true' zero throttle when you get back to fs9. Had not thought about it that much. But, will try it now, that's for sure. (I don't have FSUIPC!)
    Chuck