Thread: KATL AFCAD by Jim Vile runway 28

Default KATL AFCAD by Jim Vile runway 28

Jim, I have your KATL AFCAD with the new runway 10 - 28. The runway 28 ILS does not show up in my GPS display, but runway 10 does. The green ILS "feather" for 28 shows on the map display and the ILS works as advertised. Any ideas?
    The file date is Jan 21, 2006.
    Thanks, DKT

Default RE: KATL AFCAD by Jim Vile runway 28

Hhmm

My KATL does not have any dates in 2006. The katl_ils_v1.1.zip is only on one web site (A***M) and has a date of 12th September 2005. The readme inside the zip is also the same date.

You could have a zip that someone tampered with on Jan 21, 2006 but all my dates for the ILS bgl and the AFCAD are Sept 10 and the readme is Sept 12, 2005.

If by chance somone did decompile my bgl to look at it then it is now corrupt and will not display portions of 10/28.

In the GPS receiver there are 2 Transistions for ILS RWY 10 (ATL and BURNY) and for ILS RWY 28 there are 2 Transistions (ATL and DEPOT)

When the additional GPS/RNAV approaches are released I will be adding them also.

>
    >My KATL does not have any dates in 2006.

Thank you for your prompt reply.

The reason for the difference in dates is that I changed some gate assignments from DAL to TRS, I have lots of TRS traffic at KATL. This was done with Lee Swordly's AFCAD program.

I then reinstalled your KATL files from the September release and rechecked the GPS frequency display. Again no runway 28 ILS frequency. My list ends with the runway 10 ILS frequency.

DKT

There is a possibiity that when you opened and resaved the original AFCAD it drop the Freq for some reason.

The ILS freq list as seen with the default GPS gets its info from the runway AFCAD portion of any airport which is copied up from the root data.

My original file AFCAD show the last 6 ILS freq's in the GPS like this

08L 109.30
    26R 110.10
    09R 108.90
    27L 108.50
    10 108.10
    28 108.30

The order of freq's shown comes from the order of runways listed in AFCAD under List/Runways from the dropdown menu. FS9 takes that info and adds the freq. from the Navaids list seen with AFCAD.

There are no freq's in my KATL_ILS_jv.bgl file, only in the AFCAD bgl

Try renaming your AFCAD bgl extension to .xxx and coping my original back into the AFCAD folder. This will show you if your AFCAD is corrupt or your GPS is dropping certain information.

If all else fails I may did to look at your AFCAD. If so, send it to my support e-mail address in the readme.txt file.

FYI:

When using the detailed view of Explorer you can right click on the column header row and add the column created in addition to modified. I believe the created date for unzipped files might be the the unzip date.

If you have Winzip the authors creation date will be shown in its window. I do not know how that shows up in the built in Win Explorer unzipper since I do not use it.

This will give the date of the file prior to you mods.

The current FAA airport chart (3/16 to 4/13 cycle) still shows the fifth runway under construction. I did not check TPP change notices.
    KMSP - Minnesota: Land of 10,000 Puddles
    Support Team

>If all else fails I may did to look at your AFCAD.

Eureka, I found runway 28. It was there all along, but hidden from view by my choice of a small GPS display. The GPS frequency display does not scroll, so RWY 28 being at the bottom of the list was simply cut off. It's fixed now. Thanks for your replies.

DKT

>The current FAA airport chart (3/16 to 4/13 cycle)
    >still shows the fifth runway under construction.
    >I did not check TPP change notices.

My KATL is somewhat futuristic and I work off of construction plans given to me.

The fifth runway is scheduled to open this year and I hope it is added to the new FSX. The new International Terminal I added is scheduled to be open by 2009 or 10.

My original intent was to add the proper amount of Jetways to KATL but got carried away and started adding everything else that is not constructed yet or finished in real world. The next update will have the KATL default FS9 Jetways instead of the ones I used. Nothing wrong with Shez's Jetways until you put that many in one place. Frame Rate takes a small hit.

My plans are to update KATL and change areas once real world finishes each project. The fifth runway for KATL is needed for the new Commuter Terminal (when finished) but adds no real value to FS9 AI Traffic arrivals if you understand the arrival runway logic that is coded in the ATC.dll file.

Maybe FSX will give us more control over arrival runways when all 5 are parallel by default.