Thread: FS2004 forcing wing leveler on

Default FS2004 forcing wing leveler on

No, this isn't the same FAQ about how to turn the wing leveler off.

The way it used to work was that you could simply add the following lines under [ Autopilot ] in your aircraft.cfg:

use_no_default_pitch=1
    use_no_default_bank=1

And everything was fine after that, all planes with this code added no longer had wing leveler forced on.

Now all the sudden wing leveler if forced on on all of my aircraft again. I went back and checked the .cfgs and those lines are still there, but now there are two new lines that weren't there before, in each aircraft that I've flown recently:

default_pitch_mode=0
    default_bank_mode=0

These lines weren't there before. If I remove them, they just get added right back in the next time I use that aircraft. And it forces wing leveler on. Why now are my planes automatically adding that code back in which forces wing leveler on, after the previous codes used to be able to turn it off?

Did microsoft issue an update that forces wing leveler on in this sneakier manner? I dont understand why they would find it so important that we have wing leveler on. Perhaps real jets always have it on if the autopilot is on (do they?) but i dont "care" to have that little bit of "realism" in my sim. I want to have more freedom of control over my aircraft.

How do I turn wing leveler off again? Now that the old solution no longer works I'm very frustrated.

Default RE: FS2004 forcing wing leveler on

Hi Brandon,

I have the >

default_pitch_mode=0
    default_bank_mode=0

in every aircraft I have modified, and it works fine. If you think about it, they mean the same thing.

Maybe your defalt start-up flight has the wing leveler engaged?

Ctrl+V is the keyboard command, for wing leveler.

Let us know,

Randy Burton

Remove the use_no_default... lines and all will be well. Having both sets in the file is causing your problem. default_bank_mode=0 will turn off wing leveling.

DJ

That worked! Thanks so much!

But I'm still confused as to why all the sudden this new code is appearing. It wasnt there before.

Anyone know? Why introduce a new code that does the same thing as the old?

I think it is a consequence of the patch. The default_whatever lines have always been in the SDK, and have just become visible. I'm kind of glad, because the use_no_default_whatever lines are not real intuitive unless you happen to know what the defaults actually are.

DJ

I didn't know about Ctrl-V, will try, but just clicking the HDG (heading hold) on and off turns off the wing leveler, too.

Carl

Dave Westbury of Victoria harbor, Ont has written a program to remove the default wing level. It's called FFWLUtil and if it's not available here, you can find it at avSim.

Sherm