Thread: FFX/DF737-400 Same Old Question. Course Selection does not work

Default FFX/DF737-400 Same Old Question. Course Selection does not work

Tail between my legs confessions:

1. First of all, this is the Dreamfleet 737-400/FFX merge in FS9 which I realize is not really supported, but hopefully somebody among the FligheSim masses has found the solution to this and I sure would appreciate it if you would share it with me.

2. Second: Sometime in the past, I believe I solved this problem, but I cannot for the life of me remember what the solution is now. It may have been in FS2002, not FS9. it has been too long ago and has been filed in my senior moment hanger.

3. Third: I realize there are many other posts regarding this issue. I have tried to read all of them but I am afraid I have overlooked the answer to the problem if it is there.

The primary answer I find seems to be that a registered version of fsuipc is required. I have version 3.3 and the window does confirm that it is a registered version in my name. I have also tried several older versions as well thinking maybe that was the solution.

As per the many posts, with fsuipc disabled there is no problem. Course can be set and there is no set heading/banking problem at all as mentioned below. (10 degree setting limitation)

Everything works like a charm with the exception of the fact that course selection has no affect, and autopilot heading selection is very sloppy. I have found that I can add Cessna's VOR-1 to the panel, and set course that way just fine, but there is a side issue that bugs me a little more than course selection. In Heading Select on the AutoPilot the initiation of a bank is very sluggish. I can help it manually with the yoke and and it will roll out on the selected heading. This only happens with a set heading. Nav and ILS banking to a heading is very decisive with no problem as is manual control.

Anybody else been down this road and know what I am overlooking?

RTH

Default RE: FFX/DF737-400 Same Old Question. Course Selection does not work

Might be better off asking in the Dreamfleet forum. I know it's something to do with FSUIPC but I don't know the explaination.

Thanks for the reply Flying Turnip.

I posted there before I gave it a try here.\

Happy flying:
    RTH

Sorry folks:
    Direct short between the ears.

I have no idea when and how this happened, but after careful examination of my panel.cfg file found that I had two line numbers duplicated (two lines with the same number).

I apologize for taking your time.
    RTH