Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nav I and Nav II , the and the CDI needles for Nav I and Nav II

Default Nav I and Nav II , the and the CDI needles for Nav I and Nav II

There have been several posts discussing flying to a specific fix under IFR. Now the nav I understand how to use (say a VOR, and the radial frequency thatís listed on the freq dialed into the Nav I Radio) then either use the AP with the Nav button indent, letting the AP fly direct to the said VOR, or by working the OBS and then adjusting the heading to match up.

I am confused in the area of navigating to say a fix, or say starting a required procedure turn and on and on.

So, letís say I am in the default King Air. I want to fly to a fix or intersection via an airway. OK, I have my nav I set to the VOR frequency I want and can watch the CDI and navigate to it no problem.

But, back to the intersection/fix, my understanding is to use the nav II radio for the radial frequency, (say from ILR low or high airways, letís just assume I have the radial frequency and not split hairs here). So I input the radial frequency into the nav II in the default King Air. Here is where I am stuck. I now how to switch the button assigning the main CDI to either nav one or nav II. Again in the King Air, is there a second CDI that is or can be slaved to the nav II frequency while still having the Nav one slaved to the CDI (that I use to track a vor), and can both gauges be active and functioning to there respective Nav thus seeing if you are closing in on a intersection/fix.

Again we are talking in the Default King Air, can someone please set up the radio stack and have the CDI or CDI's (if possible) activated and post a picture of the panel. Even if you must swap back and forth using one CDI I would really appreciate a photo and a brief explanation. I really want to focus on the King Air 350 (a plane we all have in FS9, and fairly advanced electronics).

Now if some of the terms I used here are not exact, I will work on it latter. I really would love to see a snap shot of the panel as both, Nav I, Nav II and the gauges working as a intersection/fix is being tracked.

I appreciate any help.

System:
    [email protected] HTT

1 gig ram

1st v-card ATI 9800 pro @ 128

2nd v_card ATI 9000 pro @ 128

Hard Drives = 120 and secondary is 40.

Hard ware=
    PFC Cirrus II, external radio stack, pedals

Default RE: Nav I and Nav II , the and the CDI needles for Nav I and Nav II

So you must toggle from the freq in nav I or nav II? I hope I am on the correct path.

Also, belive it or not, (the printer ran all night, LOL) I have now all the material you linked me to in a binder. The reason for printing is that by the pool if I drop a paper article its a lot less expensive that replacing a lap top.

I really appreciate the help.

System:
    [email protected] HTT

1 gig ram

Hard ware=

You're definately on the wrong path if you're by the pool and not lookin at babes.

The fact that after 2 hours by yhte pool and I read a total of 3 pages should let you know my eyes are where they need to be, "on the babes", LOL.

Other than the Cessna RG, is there a nice turbo prop, D/L as free ware or Paywhere that has the second guage to make tracking a fix a bit less cumbersome.

If you have a second guage to track the radial frequency are both the VOR and thradial guage (I know I know, the verbage is not exact, please bear with me). In other words can you monitor both the VOR and Radial live at the same time?

Would you mind posting a shot of a prop (be it defualt or add on) of the same specs that you kindl,y showed the King Air configured in.

Thanks a bunch. I think I actuallt learning a bit.

Mark.

PS, Agian I appreciate the links the articles take some time to figure some of the issues out but will be a nice resource.
    System:
    [email protected] HTT

1 gig ram

Hard ware=

>If you have a second guage to track the radial frequency are
    >both the VOR and thradial guage (I know I know, the verbage
    >is not exact, please bear with me). In other words can you
    >monitor both the VOR and Radial live at the same time?

I don't understand a dam thing you just wrote, read the Instrument Handbook and than ask that question again.

Its simple. The cessna RG has a seperate guage that can read the nav II. The defualy king are has a combo guage.

I ment this question in a nice way, if its that frustrating for you then I understand and wont trouble you any further.

Go grab a beer and take it easy.

Mark.

System:
    [email protected] HTT

1 gig ram

Hard ware=

On the KingAir, OBS1 is smack in the middle there and OBS2 is off to the left (the double bar green arrow). OBS2 simply points directly to the VOR station so you have to use it a bit differently but you can see both at the same time.
    Core 2 Quad Q6600, 9800GTX+, 4GB, Win7 HP 64-bit, TH2GO, 8 GoFlight, CH [Eclipse Yoke, Throttle (Pro and Quad), Combat stick, Pro Pedals], Saitek [Yoke, pedals, X52], TrackIR 3

>
    >Its simple. The cessna RG has a seperate guage that can read
    >the nav II. The defualy king are has a combo guage.
    >
    >
    >I ment this question in a nice way, if its that frustrating
    >for you then I understand and wont trouble you any further.

The only frustrating part is trying to understand what you are talking about. If you would just open the instrument training book to chapter 7 and read pages 1 - 12, just 12 pages, you would be able to answer all of these questions yourself and you would know the correct names of what you are talking about so I would be able to understand what the heck you mean.

The RMI, the gauge you call the combo gauge, always tells you what radial of NAV 2 that you're on, this way you don't need to set the OBS to a given radial. So yes, you can set the HSI to track on the desired radial of NAV 1 and use the RMI to continuously give you the radial of NAV 2 that you're on.

Did you get it figured out Mark?

Things are moving along. I have read some of the data before, but as I learned in Grad Scool, (people like me, more than one reading is required, serious and LOL).

The Faa Approved Hardware (please see the www.flypfc.com site for any and all limitations of the hardware, the configuration of the stated hardware, and the specific FAA approvals. Sorry for the legal stuff, but some lawyers need the work. OK, my other brother is a lawyer, I am trying to inject a little humor),

I have had a few issues when trying to use the FSNAV map for the radials. I have already placed an order for some new (aka, up to date insturment (both low and high charts to better see the radials)

It is a bit of a challange to read the articles and apply them to the FS9. Mind, that yes I have read them, but the different aircraft makers config there panel there way. I understand the freq is a treq reguardless of the panel set up. IE.. as stated last pm the "dual guage in the KING AIR". I really will not hold hope for any type of literature or hart that help to conert a I fiure in the real world it is not that way. IE... before south west the airline intutrie was fragmented due to the fact they had so many different aircraft and on and on, then, what to you get SW Airlines with various 737 modles but the advent of the glass cockpits allows forf easyer sub of pilots. This was on the history channel this am with the CEO of Cont Airliness. Also a combonationn of a interview they had with the SW CEO and his modle. Plus on the Boieng site they discusse the way the 737's can be servised eben when some equipment is tied up, becuase the plane is lower to the ground

CK the boieng site for the multinedia if you have not its pretty cool to learn different bits.

Sorry to be off subject, but as you dive in to other ares it keeps branching out.

Maybe one day we can sim online for a bit.

Hey, you would enjoy the humor, LOL.

I will keep checkinh back and as ststed before thank you.

Mark.

PS, no time for a cut, paste spell check, copy and paste back as storms are rolling in. I hope the subject matter came across ok.

As you see the hardware I use must inergrate with the FSSIM. But plea

System:
    [email protected] HTT

1 gig ram

Hard ware=

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast