Thread: Forcing Ultimate Traffic to install in FS2004

Default Forcing Ultimate Traffic to install in FS2004

*I posted this on the UT forum at Flight1, but no luck so far*

Here is the story:
    I was planning to move my aircraft folder and my traffic.bgl file to FS2004 to have UT "working" in FS2004, but I forgot to keep a copy of the .bgl before uninstalling FS2002 (go ahead, call me stupid LOL).

I decided to reinstall UT in FS2004 (changing the installation directory to ...\...\Flight Simulator 9 instead of FS2002. The installation went fine, but I can't compile. I always get an error message. Since the traffic.bgl file is not located in the same place in FS2004, I created a path that is similar to what can be found in FS2002 and placed a copy of the FS2004 trafficxxxxxx.bgl file in the folder and renamed it traffic.bgl. That didn't help...

Does anybody have any other solution to force UT to compile in FS2004?

Simon

-----------------------------------------
    Simon

Default RE: Forcing Ultimate Traffic to install in FS2004

Yes, I have a good solution.

Kindly allow my friend, Tom Main from Flight One Software, to complete the work on the UT Update for FS2004.

Then, you will need to force nothing, and should have no issues with UT in FS2004. Developers do not like it when folks try to use products designed for one sim in another, as when problems arise with this, it is they who get the blame and needless support requests.

The only version of UT that should be used in FS2004 is the Updated version intended for FS2004, and that is being worked on right now.

This applies not only to UT, but to ANY product that needs to be updated for FS2004. :-)

Regards,
    [link:www.dreamfleet2000.com|http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/im...ORUM_LOU6.jpg]
    Regards,
    Lou Betti

"traffic.bgl"

Strikes me(and this should be answered by UT) that you should decompile and rather the setup do it for you you do it manually. DO what you did before with the path. So, you have a folder with Aircraft.txt, Airports.txt and FlightPlans.txt from UT. Then you have the another folder with Aircraft.txt, Airports.txt, and FlightPlans.txt from the new FS2004 traffic bgl. Merge them making a master FlightPlan file and a master Aircraft file. Compile. And name it to the original.

Post your results please.

Who knows eh? :7

Owain Robinson
    http://www.planesimulation.com/

Good answer. All of us UT users are waiting for the update, it will go down in history as one of the best add-ons ever!

I'd like to do that, but the problem is, I don't have any traffic.bgl from UT to decompile manually. The program will not even compile at first to create one...
    :(

Lou:

I'd like to do this as a temporary solution to fill the skies a bit. Feeling lonely in FS2004... :) I'll be the first one to use the patch from Flight1!

Simon

-----------------------------------------
    Simon

Compile in FS2K2 and copy the traffic.bgl into FS9 (rename of course). But: You will loose all the traffic at uncontrolled airports. This has btw already been pointed out by Tom himself in the UT forum.

Alex