Thread: Gear up/Gear down assignments possible?

Default Gear up/Gear down assignments possible?

Nothing posted yet on a search here. The Gear switch assignment is one switch to toggle up and down. FS2k2 allowed you to program two buttons, one for up, the other for down. Is this possible in FS2k4 and if not will FSUIPC make provisions for such an assignment? If I missed it in the literature or on this site, please point me in the right direction.

Zane
    Regards,

Default RE: Gear up/Gear down assignments possible?

You can assign keys the same way as with FS2002.

Yes, in the setting for keystrokes and buttons you can assign functions just like FS2k2 but there are no selections for gear up (only) and gear down (only), the only selections I can find are for manual gear down and gear up/down which is a toggle. If someone else has found it and it just has a strange name, let me know what.

Zane
    Regards,

2002 did not allow separate up and down programming. FSUIPC did. It's the same in 2004; FSUIPC 3 lets you assign separately.

I have FSUIPC on my FS2k2 (last freeware version). That's how I must have assigned it there, been so long I don't remember. I downloaded the new version but haven't opened it up yet to see how the shareware works. I use a CH Yoke and pedals so having the seperate assignments just adds to the realism. Thanks

Zane
    Regards,

You mention "buttons" but if you said what they are on, I missed it.

If you are operating a CHYOKE, I very much recommend that you get Bob church's CMFS utility for mapping. It is a snap, and you can map your buttons at will with it.

Good Luck.
    RTH

Yep... I looked back at FS2k2 and sure enough the same selections... I did use FSUIPC to program those switches on the joystick! Looked into the current FSUIPC (FS2k4 compliant) and while I thoroughly appreciate what Pete Dowson has accomplished with this program and his many contributions to all of us, I don't think I'm going to spend 20 Eurodollars so that I can have a seperate gear up and gear down assignment. At a later date I am sure that some other stuff may come up... or I may purchase a multi-engine throttle quadrant where it would be cool to use the axis programmer to utilize the reverse thrust, but until then I'll use one button (just like I do with Fly!II). Actually with the advent of VC's with working switches I'm excited by the idea of one of those IR tracking devices... enhance instrument panel scanning and I could just point and click at the gear handle.

Zane
    Regards,

I would highly recommend paying Peter for his product...It does so many things to enhance this game/life (depending how you are talking to) As per the the button issue When I installed my yoke I ran the manager?? that came with it, to calibrate it. When I then ran FS2002 the button worked the proper way...up is up and down is down?? Try uninstalling the yoke and reinstalling it? It did the same in FS2004 before I had FSUIPC installed.

Madjones
    CYYC