Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you guys get people to fly with you?

Default How do you guys get people to fly with you?

I am really interested in getting to know pilots in my area and perhaps get a free ride or two someday. How do you guys get to know these pilots and end up flying with them? Do you guys hang out at the airport and try to meet people or what?

Blog Entries

Default RE: How do you guys get people to fly with you?

I'd start by looking for an EAA chapter in the local area. Often these are based at a specific airport. This is certainly a good way to meet pilots. You should be able to find information here:

http://www.eaa.org

St. John\'s, <-- No gawd dammn st, Canada.

Well, I'm a pilot, and I'd take you for a free ride! Too bad you live so far away,lol.
    I get free rides every now and then, but that's just cause these are my best friends. Most people won't take stangers up for a free crosscountry though.
    The best thing to do is enroll yourself in a pilot program, get to know people, and then your set.
    EDIT: Have I missed something? It goes from post ONE to my post, post FOUR....

If you live near Indianapolis I'll take you flying sometime.

Just go to the airport and look around. Start lookin at some planes. If you see someone working on their plane or just talking to others, go up and ask some random questions about 'that' plane etc... Thats how I got my first ride!

I wish people would do that to me! 50 hrs cross country is taking a while to build up, and I hate doing it alone. It would be nice to have someone to chat with along the way... unfortunately, my nonflying friends are scared to fly airliners, and therefore scared to fly with me.

If you're in my CT area, gimme a ring.

https://www.flightsim.com/images/noimage.png

http://www.flybrendan.com

As a pilot, I'm always willing to give someone I know a ride. However, not all are interested. Also, I would be a bit leary of offering someone I don't know a ride. I'd have to get to know them a little better. In the end though, most pilots love to show off their skills (or lack thereof).

The more difficult thing than getting someone to go flying with me once, is to get them to go up again. After one trip in the air with me, they usually need a lot of liquor to get anywhere near a plane with me at the controls. ;-)

This is really great. I want someone to fly with and so do some of you guys and some of you guys would actualy give me a ride but we are all spread out. bjratchf, make a cross country flight to South Flordia and I'll do the rest. I don't really care who I fly with or where, I just want to fly. Thanks anyways everyone!

If things don't work out with Lufthansa, I'll be at the Delta Academy (I think... have my big doubts about that school)... but I'll be down there anyway. I'll make sure to scope you out as a safety pilot (someone needs to look out the window!)

https://www.flightsim.com/images/noimage.png

http://www.flybrendan.com

Thanks Brendan! If I am not mistaken, the delta flight academy is either at Tampa or Orlando, can't remember. It would really be awesome if you could come down here, it would probably take you an hour to get down here though as it is 3 hours in a car with rest stops.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast