Can any one tell me how to brighten up cockpit with panel lights.

When I use cockpit I cannot see panels.

Sid

Think it depends on the AC. I was actually complaining/looking for assistance for this because they were TOO bright. You can try "L" on the keyboard, that should turn them on, though it may not always work.

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

No it does not work. Pressed L but it does nothing.

Thanks anyway

Sid

Which AC are you trying to do this on? Each AC has it own way to turn up the amount of light.

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

Have tried on another A/C and it works but need stronger lighting

as I am 85 and eyes not too good.

Thanks

Sid

Yes I have. This affects the two AC that I fly, the C172 (stock) and the 3rd party add on, Just Flight's PA 28

Depending on the plane, clicking ALT + L will add some extra lighting on the panel.

The ALT + L is what is called "Flashlight" in the MSFS2020 keyboard assignments.

I wish every plane had a good adjustable panel light dial. Most of my flying is in bush planes in cloudy weather. without good panel lighting, it is sometimes impossible to see the instruments.

Depending on the plane, clicking ALT + L will add some extra lighting on the panel.

The ALT + L is what is called "Flashlight" in the MSFS2020 keyboard assignments.

I wish every plane had a good adjustable panel light dial. Most of my flying is in bush planes in cloudy weather. without good panel lighting, it is sometimes impossible to see the instruments.

That is a good keystroke to use. My problem is though, the sim starts out TOO bright, lol, I have to spend a couple of minutes adjusting the lightning to a lower setting. For some reason, the glareshield is on FULL and the flood lights in the ceiling of the 172 are always on upon startup. I would like them both turned down and/or off upon startup. This occurs even in full daylight. At night, it is very overwhelming

Think it depends on the AC. I was actually complaining/looking for assistance for this because they were TOO bright. You can try "L" on the keyboard, that should turn them on, though it may not always work.

In the 172, steam gauge version there are 2 dimmers just to the left of the throttle, you may have to hide the yoke to see them depending on your set viewpoint.

In the 172, steam gauge version there are 2 dimmers just to the left of the throttle, you may have to hide the yoke to see them depending on your set viewpoint.

Yep, been using them. Prior to the latest patch, they were always set to their lowest settings, however now, they are at their highest. Looking for a way inside one of the config files to lower the setting, thus far, nothing :(

Ah I see, when you said it you spend minutes adjusting them I couldnt relate that to just turning a dimmer, which takes seconds

Slight exaggeration :) although it did take me a few minutes to find the switch's to dim the lights.