Saitek Cessna Yoke Problems

Hello, I have recently bought a used saitek cessna pro yoke, and ive been struggling to find a solution to a problem. Whenever I turn the yoke to the right, i get an uncontrollable amount of jitter and bouncing in the axis. When i turn the yoke left the axis is somewhat stable to a point where it doesnt affect flight. I have opened up the yoke and made sure all connections to the potentiometers are secure and i have cleaned the potentiometers with contact cleaner. Any ideas what could be causing this, as surely if the potentiometer was broken it would jitter both ways?

Just a thought, but have you changed the realism settings to "easy"?? Not sure if that would matter..............
Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

Hello, I have recently bought a used saitek cessna pro yoke, and ive been struggling to find a solution to a problem. Whenever I turn the yoke to the right, i get an uncontrollable amount of jitter and bouncing in the axis. When i turn the yoke left the axis is somewhat stable to a point where it doesnt affect flight. I have opened up the yoke and made sure all connections to the potentiometers are secure and i have cleaned the potentiometers with contact cleaner. Any ideas what could be causing this, as surely if the potentiometer was broken it would jitter both ways?

Looks like a problem with calibration. Have you modified the axis?

A used yoke could have old dry pots. You know how to clean potentiometers inside the yoke, but can you replace them? If not, find someone who can and that's probably all it needs. You can also go a lot further with mods to replace the pots with a digital output circuit board, but I won't get into it here.
*** Stay Thursday, my friend. ***

Are they linear pots or rotary?, if they are rotary pots did you take them apart to clean?

You have to use the same value of potentiometer when you replace it. No exceptions unless you are engineering something special.

If you have an electronics store nearby, they might have some pots available, but in my experience, you won't find what you need. You might go back to Saitek/Logitech to ask for parts. Or you might have to go online to find it. When you get into it, write down any numbers that may be on the pot. I would guess it is a fairly common resistance value.

Mouser Electronics or Digi-key are some places you might find exact replacements.

*** Stay Thursday, my friend. ***

ok thanks, if taking them apart and cleaning that way doesnt work ill have to look into buying replacements, still a steal on the yoke buying it for 30 quid

FWIW I am a huge fan of that yoke and throttle quadrant. Really adds to the sim-flight immersion. I also reckon you have discovered/confirmed why your unit was priced so low. Hope you get things sorted without too much hardship.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

Something you might consider since you have to replace pots.

Replace with Hall Effects sensors and you willl greatly improve it rather than just fix it.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

• 4 months later...

Update:
I left the yoke sitting without use for ages as i couldn't find a fitting pot to replace the "faulty" one with. I say "faulty" as i have now replaced the potentiometer that was jittering to a brand new one wired everything up and the axis still jitters just as bad as it did before. Any ideas what could be causing it?

Could it be a controller or control assignment conflict? If you have another controller connected it may be interfering with your yoke. Control assignments can get corrupted and duplicated without warning so your right aileron axis could also be assigned to another axis.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I would do a visual check of your controller settings.  MSFS has done some strange things with settings over the years.  

I understand you have a fresh copy of the sim and new bindings, however, what could it hurt 🙂

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

checked the settings, everything is only binded once, what i have found is that the potentiometer only jumps when turning the yoke to the right; it sits perfectly still when turned to the left. Maybe this could just be an issue with the main board inside the yoke i dont know