Airline of the Stars

BillD22

Yes, boys and girls, once upon a time air travel was comfortable and enjoyable - even fun! No packed cattle car cabin layouts; no seatbacks and tray tables reclined into your knees; no surly flight attendants, no upcharges for 3 inches of extra leg room or checked bags. Just 2x2 roomy seats, often a lounge area to socialize and enjoy an extra beverage, attractive and friendly stewardesses, and real cooked food meals!

Here are some shots of a National Airlines Lockheed L1049G Super Constellation from that bygone era. National billed itself as the "Airline of the Stars" but the roomy seats and personal service weren't just for the rich and famous but for everyday, ordinary economy, coach class passengers. The passengers were the "Stars." What a concept!!!

N1.jpg

N2.jpg

NS3.jpg

NS4.jpg

NS5.jpg

n7.jpg

n9.jpg

N6.jpg

Edited by BillD22

Bill - The "big wheels" running the airlines should take a look at your post. The consumers wish we could step backwards, but , sorry to say, the airline execs only care about the almighty dollar! Do you really think they care about any discomfort? NO!!!:rolleyes:

Rick :cool:

Bill - I am old enough to have experienced the good old days - and you just reminded me. But there now is a whole new generation of passengers who never knew them!

Bill - The "big wheels" running the airlines should take a look at your post. The consumers wish we could step backwards, but , sorry to say, the airline execs only care about the almighty dollar! Do you really think they care about any discomfort? NO!!!:rolleyes:

Rick :cool:

John, Rick, & Blair - many thanks for looking & the thoughtful comments.

John: Me too. Those were the days!

Rick: I think all airline CEOs should be required to travel in their airline's cheapest seat when traveling on company business! :D

Edited by BillD22