SSTSIM/Flight1 Concorde flies at an angle/rolls to the right.

Tristar35

Good evening,

I recently decided to go ahead and get the SSTSIM Concorde addon as I was looking to challenge myself with something other than the average Boeing or Airbus. However, even after setting up my aircraft for flight correctly, there is one problem which I have consistently faced with this addon. That is this natural tendency for the jet to bank itself to right regardless of fuel management or trim settings. In short, as soon as I let go of the controls and let the airplane go into its natural resting spot in flight, the resting position it finds is one which has about a 5'ish degree right wing down angle to it. Other than that, the aircraft flies and behaves as if nothing is wrong. Only requiring me to to constantly input opposite aileron, (left aileron in this case), to keep the wings level in flight. Akin to what you would be doing in a single engine prop plane.

If anyone has encountered this phenomenon or knows how to fix this, or if this is just how Concorde flies, please let me know as I am truly enjoying the challenge that of which the Concorde provides.

Thanks!

I guess SSTSIM has a installation manual, and some indications regarding controller setup. Do you have your controller settings according to it?

Reason: I had a similar issue some years ago with the Level-D 767, turns up I had elevator and aileron set up directly through FSUIPC, and somehow the 767 did not like it. As soon as I reassigned it via FS settings, it was fixed.

Best regards,

Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

I guess SSTSIM has a installation manual, and some indications regarding controller setup. Do you have your controller settings according to it?

Reason: I had a similar issue some years ago with the Level-D 767, turns up I had elevator and aileron set up directly through FSUIPC, and somehow the 767 did not like it. As soon as I reassigned it via FS settings, it was fixed.

Reassigned through the FS settings and it still seems to do it. Also checked it without any of my controllers plugged in and even with the keyboard it still does it. Can also confirm that it is addon specific as other addon aircraft that I have do not experience this.

This is very strange.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure is this is of any help to figuring out my problem, but I also tried swapping .air files with the Concorde from FSFrance/HJG, thinking that it might be something to do with the flight dynamics. However, doing so did not resolve the problem, though it did sort of allow for the bird to track straight a bit better when rolling out on takeoff.

I do know that there was a restriction on the no. 4 engine of Concorde which did not permit it to run at full power until after takeoff. Though going back to the .air file swap attempt, I feel as though this would have been visible in the gauges as a lower reading from no. 4, not to mention noticeable whilst flying.

Any other ideas on what this might be?

Edited by Tristar35

I also tried swapping .air files with the Concorde from FSFrance/HJG

I can't offer a solution to your problem, but in total due respect .... sensing your frustration and desperation for a fix, just need to say that "the above attempted remedy is probably the worst thing one could try in attempt to resolve a/any problem.

What needs to be remembered is .... there's often an inter-relationship between AIR.FILE data and some panel gauges. Swapping an AIR.FILE like that for one "not" customized for use with the intended simulation will likely impose some dramatic impact upon its panel gauges .... and of a negative nature. Never switch AIR.FILE data between different products for the same simulated aircraft type. 9 times out of 10 times it's simply "not" a good idea.

MRC

@aerofoto

Hi,

you wrote:

"between AIR.FILE data and some panel gauges" .

Could you be PLEASE so kind and name me ONE plane as an example to TEST and UNDERSTAND

your statement of the problems an AIR file can have on a Panel or vice versa??

Thank you very much

G. Kirschstein

I can't offer a solution to your problem, but in total due respect .... sensing your frustration and desperation for a fix, just need to say that "the above attempted remedy is probably the worst thing one could try in attempt to resolve a/any problem.

What needs to be remembered is .... there's often an inter-relationship between AIR.FILE data and some panel gauges. Swapping an AIR.FILE like that for one "not" customized for use with the intended simulation will likely impose some dramatic impact upon its panel gauges .... and of a negative nature. Never switch AIR.FILE data between different products for the same simulated aircraft type. 9 times out of 10 times it's simply "not" a good idea.

MRC

I can't say I have experienced that, but it is critical to swap a lot of content of the aircraft.cfg file to if conducting such tests. The *.air files and the aircraft.cfg work together to provide the flying ability of the aircraft. I have done such swaps many times successfully, but you do need to carefully copy back the contact points, views, lights and effects sections to get it right, so its a task that needs a little time and concentration.

Best regards,

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

Thank you all for your suggestions and advice, though at this point I have pretty much given up on the SSTSIM version, and have instead gone back to using Guzman's & HJG/FS France's Concordes. May not have as immersive of an experience, though at least it's something. Guess that's what happens when you take a chance on very old software.

Regards,

Tristar35

Edited by Tristar35

Thank you all for your suggestions and advice, though at this point I have pretty much given up on the SSTSIM version, and have instead gone back to using Guzman's & HJG/FS France's Concordes. May not have as immersive of an experience, though at least it's something. Guess that's what happens when you take a chance on very old software.

Regards,

Tristar35

Here’s an odd, random question that may not be related, but do you have the gyro drift box checked / unchecked in the realism menu?