Update leads to all preferences erased

As a bonus. All of my preferences for my flight controls have been erased and many of the options have been changed so now I can't save them the way that they used to be!!!! LOL!!!
Intel Core i7 3930K 3.2 GHz, 16GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, Windows 10

What I find puzzling is that many simmers suffer from this settings changing problem but there is no consistency in what or how much.

Sometimes I get no changes; other times it can be a very subtle one that I fail to notice untiul it crops up "in flight".

Just a maybe thought: although MS suggests we empty the C/F before updates, it's not really necessary. I usually do (thank you MSFS Addons Linker!) but last update I didn't - and had a settings change. Hmm!

I've just noticed - you have several threads open covering performance problems. Not trying to be critical but it suggests to me something isn't right, either with your system or your methods. I've responded to one of them but now I'm thinking you're expecting too much out of your system.

Also what version MSFS are you running?

Edited by terrylawdinn

What I find puzzling is that many simmers suffer from this settings changing problem but there is no consistency in what or how much.

Sometimes I get no changes; other times it can be a very subtle one that I fail to notice untiul it crops up "in flight".

Just a maybe thought: although MS suggests we empty the C/F before updates, it's not really necessary. I usually do (thank you MSFS Addons Linker!) but last update I didn't - and had a settings change. Hmm!

I'm on the fence about having an empty CF before an upgrade (or whatever it is called, lol). I usually do not know when they are going to occur, thus it starts and my CF is jammed pack with MODS.

Now, having said that, I also don't expect ALL of them to necessarily work after an update (or whatever it is called, lol). I have ALWAYS seen some changes lost in different files, like the modification which allows the NDB's and such to always be switched on. I had a text file which had those changes, course since I've reloaded Win 10, that file went bye bye, lol/

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality