Deleting liveries from plane bought through the MSFS marketplace

I have deleted a number of liveries that came with MSFS in the content manager.

I bought a plane a few days ago through the MSFS marketplace which installed the plane automatically.

I wanted to delete a few liveries that came with the plane, but in the content manager it only shows that the plane is installed.

Is there a way to open that planes file to delete those liveries I don't want?

Thanks

MSFS Marketplace aircraft files are all encrypted, so it's not possible to edit anything.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

MSFS Marketplace aircraft files are all encrypted, so it's not possible to edit anything.

Thanks tiger

Not what I wanted to hear, but nice to know.

Some addon planes come with over 20 liveries, most I would rather not have.

Only been using MSFS for about a month since last using FSX a few years ago. What a nice improvement, really enjoy it.

You're very welcome, MSFS really is an improvement. It works very differently to previous sims, and that includes the liveries - unless you have a low-end system they have very little effect on performance or loading times. Edited by tiger1962

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I removed all the corny Xbox liveries, etc myself.

Some models have the liveries in the Content Manager which are easy to uninstall.

If not, check to see if there is a aircraft.cfg in the aircrafts folder. A trick which works in FSX/P3D to disable liveries, I found also works in MSFS. Locate the...

"panel=" and change it to "panel=OFF" for the livery you want to disable.

Be cautioned that this may cause a updating loop when it finds a modified file. I found you can just delete the whole aircraft folder if this happens and MSFS will then allow a newer version to install.

If as Tim mentioned the model is encrypted, your out of luck until somebody can offer a solution.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro