Cannot install REX FS2004 because the FSStore is closed

HardCub

Hello friends,

I'm completely reinstalling all of my FS9 addons into a brand-new, Lenovo Legion5 laptop. I wanted to install my beloved REX2004 textures, but when I tried to do this, I am greeted with an error message (basically) saying the license cannot be verified because the store no longer exists. I researched a little through my old email files, found an address for Tim Fuchs, and emailed him requesting help with retrieving the software license. I provided all information from the original purchase. So far, I've not gotten a response. Does anyone else know of a method of contacting someone, or retrieving my license so I can get this REX item installed. The new laptop is a present for my father, who is 75 yrs old and really enjoys flying flightsimulator FS2004 and FSX. I do not know what else to do at this point.

Thank you so much in advance for any advice or assistance anyone might be able to provide. (Admin) If this is the wrong place to post this question, please move it to the appropriate forum.

Sincerely,

Glenn Mullis

2021 Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming laptop. AMD Ryzen 7 4800H, 32GB DDR4-3200 G.Skill RAM, Nvidia GTX 1660ti 6GB GDDR6, 500GB and 1TB PCIe M.2 SSD, 144MHZ 1920×1080P 300Nits ISP screen,

Windows 10 Home 64-bit OS, (2nd Display) Dell 24" UltraSharp 1920x1200 TTF Monitor, CHProducts FlightYoke & RudderPedals, Logitech 3D Pro Extreme joystick

Gi'day HardCub,

Be interested to hear what reply you get. I also tried to reinstall REX2004 recently and face exactly the same situation. I am still awaiting a reply from the REX helpdesk, but after 2+ months I'm beginning to feel a tad disappointed in the lack of any assistance (be nice to just receive a reply saying "sorry ... no can help".

Please keep us informed on how you get on.

Hello,

Hardclub please clean your messages box so I can send you my help !!

Regards.

Edited by Avechelice
If you gave a couple of monkeys a box of ballpoints, enough paper, and enough time, they'd eventually finish up writing the complete works of Shakespeare :)

Hello Avechelice,

I cleaned out my Inbox. (embarrassing) I've been working insane hours and haven't had a moment to get back here to check-in. Flightsim sent me a notice saying you were reaching out to me. I'm all ears now :) -Glenn

2021 Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming laptop. AMD Ryzen 7 4800H, 32GB DDR4-3200 G.Skill RAM, Nvidia GTX 1660ti 6GB GDDR6, 500GB and 1TB PCIe M.2 SSD, 144MHZ 1920×1080P 300Nits ISP screen,

Windows 10 Home 64-bit OS, (2nd Display) Dell 24" UltraSharp 1920x1200 TTF Monitor, CHProducts FlightYoke & RudderPedals, Logitech 3D Pro Extreme joystick

That is so iterating and frustrating that a company that requires online activation can't furnish an universal CD key since they went belly up. People pay for that product and are now kicked to the curb.

This is why I loath BS online activation or where you're dedicated to an online channel. In such an instance it was when Game Spy went down and now BF2, BF2142 and Command & Conquer couldn't be played. Even today you won't find Zero Hour available on Steam. Revamped Red Alert you will. Today you have to use a third-party client thanks to fans making that possible.

It's like they make the software, you pay for it and after awhile you're no longer entitled to what you in fact paid for. Try that with the stock market...

I don't even like this whole Steam, Battlenet, Epic Games crap either. I always enjoyed going to a store and buying the physical media. But obviously today games are absolutely massive. You can burn 100GB to Blu-ray, and I do use that for my flight Sim backup, but physical media for games now-a-days is gone thanks to Steam et al. And for the record, Steam, Origin et al's idea of 2FA Auth is a load of privacy invading crap. I roll my own via the Aegis App and Keepass and Keepass2Android thank you very much.

In synopses, I'm a computer nerd, I see the crap for what it is on a day by day basis. Even how things software or even OS wise are four menus deep, redundant and stupid and how the design/aesthetics underscore how some low IQ carbon based chimp thought that crap up. Someone pulled up Notepad++ or what ever editor they chose to use and coded it. I feel like I can do things A LOT better and make a lot of money too.

Edited by CRJ_simpilot

That is so iterating and frustrating that a company that requires online activation can't furnish an universal CD key since they went belly up. People pay for that product and are now kicked to the curb.

This is why I loath BS online activation or where you're dedicated to an online channel. In such an instance it was when Game Spy went down and now BF2, BF2142 and Command & Conquer couldn't be played. Even today you won't find Zero Hour available on Steam. Revamped Red Alert you will. Today you have to use a third-party client thanks to fans making that possible.

It's like they make the software, you pay for it and after awhile you're no longer entitled to what you in fact paid for. Try that with the stock market...

I don't even like this whole Steam, Battlenet, Epic Games crap either. I always enjoyed going to a store and buying the physical media. But obviously today games are absolutely massive. You can burn 100GB to Blu-ray, and I do use that for my flight Sim backup, but physical media for games now-a-days is gone thanks to Steam et al. And for the record, Steam, Origin et al's idea of 2FA Auth is a load of privacy invading crap. I roll my own via the Aegis App and Keepass and Keepass2Android thank you very much.

In synopses, I'm a computer nerd, I see the crap for what it is on a day by day basis. Even how things software or even OS wise are four menus deep, redundant and stupid and how the design/aesthetics underscore how some low IQ carbon based chimp thought that crap up. Someone pulled up Notepad++ or what ever editor they chose to use and coded it. I feel like I can do things A LOT better and make a lot of money too.

Agree with everything you have said.

What is sad is that it is the consumer that ultimately gets burned in today's world. Then you have those users who actually support these new business models OMG!

I feel sorry for those that get burned. I hope those users who are now sinking massive amounts of dollars into MSFS don't suffer the same fate. While FS9 users are getting burned with some add-ons at least we still have FS9 and many other add-ons. With the modern MSFS, the entire game could just go POOF and then obviously taking along with it all add-ons purchased. This is the way of today's world and I really don't like it.

Mark Daniels

Hello friends,

I'm completely reinstalling all of my FS9 addons into a brand-new, Lenovo Legion5 laptop. I wanted to install my beloved REX2004 textures, but when I tried to do this, I am greeted with an error message (basically) saying the license cannot be verified because the store no longer exists. I researched a little through my old email files, found an address for Tim Fuchs, and emailed him requesting help with retrieving the software license. I provided all information from the original purchase. So far, I've not gotten a response. Does anyone else know of a method of contacting someone, or retrieving my license so I can get this REX item installed. The new laptop is a present for my father, who is 75 yrs old and really enjoys flying flightsimulator FS2004 and FSX. I do not know what else to do at this point.

Thank you so much in advance for any advice or assistance anyone might be able to provide. (Admin) If this is the wrong place to post this question, please move it to the appropriate forum.

Sincerely,

Glenn Mullis

I assume you got your problem resolved with Avechelice's help?

Mark Daniels

I assume you got your problem resolved with Avechelice's help?

Good morning Mark!

SO... Yes he helped me get started on the right path (and a HUGE thank you to Avechelice). Unfortunately right about that same time, real-life threw a TON of issues my way regarding work and family needs, and I literally have not have a moment to try his advice. I just logged in here to look for a file before I start, and decided to check the Forum also. LOL So, with that said, I will update you all shortly I hope with excellent news of success. Fingers crossed! :cool::D -Glenn