How to add a Pilot figure

Downwind66

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, it was funny for sure seeing her fat smile in the captain's seat. LOL!

I'm not joking though. Someone actually stuck her snap in there. I don't know how they did it because the MDL (which is encrypted?) had to be edited. That's why I said it was interesting.

Some FSX aircraft have Pilots in the texture folder that you can paste any mug over. I have these in a 747 that I downloaded from here. They are usually in .dds format so I converted it to Jpeg.

pilots.jpeg

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Yeah, I've see that before.

I just checked my FS2004 directory using my search program Everything.exe and would you believe I only have one dds file? The rest, some 240 thousand images are all bmps. I think this is because I mass changed all my images to bitmap using a utility I found here in the library. Meatwater something? I don't remember. Been years.

And yeah, just checked the FS2004 PMDG folders in FS2004 for the 737-600/700 and there's no character bmp files that I can see through Windows viewing. I do use IrFanView to see other images that Windows can't. Perhaps one of the bmps is the pilot character, I just don't know which one that would be the editable one. Even then, that format is rendered somehow in Photoshop or Coral and I never mastered those programs.

I mass changed all my images to bitmap using a utility I found here in the library. Meatwater something? I don't remember. Been years.

I believe I was thinking of BMP2DXT3. But that can't be right since all my images are BMPs. I may have used BMP2DXT3 for FSX though.

• 2 months later...