Traffic Global will not compile cargo or GA traffic

wyodeacon

Here's my problem. When I get Traffic Global installed and run the setup wizard, then try to Compile, About half way through the compile I get an error message saying Unable to copy traffic database to FSX . But when I load FSX, select an airport and gate, then select Fly Now, I can see traffic at the gates and also airplanes taxiing toward the runway. So it is loading the Airlines just fine.

Now in checking TG "Compiling Statistics" I see there are no flights or legs for Cargo or GA. (See TG1)

I found a thread on here about FSX Steam, and I wonder if I'm having the same problem only in FSX.

Please see: https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?320516-No-ai-traffic-Traffic-Global. And particularly posts #3 and #7. I have checked my FSX.cfg file in Users\Appdata\microsoft\fsx and here's the only line pointing to TG. And notice there is no mention of Cargo or GA. SimObjectPaths.8=C:\Simobjects\AI Airplanes\TrafficGlobal\TrafficGlobalFleet. So I went to my C:\Users\Documents\TrafficGlobal and (TG2) is what I see under "Compiler".

Apparently TG has not been pointed towards these two files.

Could this be as simple as editing fsx.cfg to include these files, then moving them to My Simobjects folder? Because there are flightplans and schedules which are not in the two folders (Cargo/GA), I doubt this would work. Or what if I point fsx.cfg towards the file (compiler) all of which contains everything in TG2?

I couldn't make sense out of the explanations in the thread I cited, so if anyone has any ideas about this please let me know. I'm not a computer whiz, so if you give instructions, make sure they are for Dummy's. :)

thanks, GaryTG2.jpgTG1.jpg

Edited by wyodeacon
Forgot Pictures
Dell XPS 8700 -win 10 - 16 gb DDR3 ram - NVIDIA GeForce 750 ti - Saitek X52 - FSX Deluxe w/acceleration

I had this same issue but cant remember how i resolved it now? Its a certain setting that needs ticking i think. Visit the JF Forum i found it in there. Theres loads of helpful posts on there.

I do remember thinking TG had frozen when compiling but it can take several long minutes!!

I would recommend moving your error slider right across to 'more flight plans' tho

And untick 'add my AI flights' if you dont have any compiled.

Edited by pomak249

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

I forgot to add...I have worked with JF Support for about 2 weeks now. We have tried everything they know, including the Comma to Dot change in the clock. Nothing has worked. Finally JF Support gave up because there was nothing else to try. Pomak 249, I suspect the comma to dot change is what you did.

So, I thought maybe someone on here might have some suggestions.

Dell XPS 8700 -win 10 - 16 gb DDR3 ram - NVIDIA GeForce 750 ti - Saitek X52 - FSX Deluxe w/acceleration

• 8 months later...

Lucky you , you have traffic, after my 10th attempt to install it and after trying all options and following all hints on the net

the only thing that Traffic Global does on my system is 'disable default fsx traffic' so worldwide I see only my own plane.

Ans what's even worse my last attempt to get it working was on a complete 'vanilla' FSX Gold setup...........

I5 12600K  Z690   RTX3060TI  2x16GB 3600    M2 2TB   Win 11 home

I5 12600K - RTX3060TI - 32GB 3600 - M2 - WIN11 - FS8/9/X - MSFS - full ORBX UTX etc. 

zweefvlieg1987s.jpg

It appeared that I created an 'Instant scenery 3'  BGL  file that somehow ended up in my FSX\Scenery\Global\scenery

folder  instead of my : FSX\Addon Scenery\Scenery folder.  I deleted it from the \Global\ folder and now my  Traffic Global is working fine (on any airport) .....

I5 12600K - RTX3060TI - 32GB 3600 - M2 - WIN11 - FS8/9/X - MSFS - full ORBX UTX etc. 

zweefvlieg1987s.jpg

Just incase this may help anyone else this was my fix

This may be of help to some of you having no traffic (at least in Europe poss same for USA?) and using UTXEurope. I deleted my UTEurAirports scenery and all the UTX .bgl entries in world/scenery and now have traffic everywhere!!

Found this out purely by chance after discovering grass on my aprons at my default FSX London Luton. The grass has now disappeared also!

Mick

NB Everytime you run the UTX UI it replaces said files again!!

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2022 at 1:33 PM, wyodeacon said:

Here's my problem. When I get Traffic Global installed and run the setup wizard, then try to Compile, About half way through the compile I get an error message saying Unable to copy traffic database to FSX . But when I load FSX, select an airport and gate, then select Fly Now, I can see traffic at the gates and also airplanes taxiing toward the runway. So it is loading the Airlines just fine.

Now in checking TG "Compiling Statistics" I see there are no flights or legs for Cargo or GA. (See TG1)

I found a thread on here about FSX Steam, and I wonder if I'm having the same problem only in FSX.

Please see: https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?320516-No-ai-traffic-Traffic-Global fnaf games. And particularly posts #3 and #7. I have checked my FSX.cfg file in  Users\Appdata\microsoft\fsx and here's the only line pointing to TG. And notice there is no mention of Cargo or GA. SimObjectPaths.8=C:\Simobjects\AI Airplanes\TrafficGlobal\TrafficGlobalFleet. So I went to my C:\Users\Documents\TrafficGlobal and (TG2) is what I see under "Compiler".

Apparently TG has not been pointed towards these two files.

Could this be as simple as editing fsx.cfg to include these files, then moving them to My Simobjects folder? Because there are flightplans and schedules which are not in the two folders (Cargo/GA), I doubt this would work. Or what if I point fsx.cfg towards the file (compiler) all of which contains everything in TG2?

I couldn't make sense out of the explanations in the thread I cited, so if anyone has any ideas about this please let me know. I'm not a computer whiz, so if you give instructions, make sure they are for Dummy's. 🙂

thanks, GaryTG2.jpgTG1.jpg

Edited November 22, 2022 by wyodeacon
Forgot Pictures

Any updates for this problem?