Reinstall purchased Items Q

beroun

Hi,

Sorry to flood forum with this but most likely will do the full FS9 reinstall on my PC.

Question:

Have purchased some items in the past, FSUIPC, UT Canada and Europe and have all copied on complete FS folder back up on external disc.

After deleting the FS folder from the PC (before the new install), Will it be sufficient to copy all the relevant files (modules, scenery) containing the purchases from the external disc to the newly installed FS folder in my PC to retain the purchased items?

Thanks for any advise.

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

Payware procedures are all different. Copying over content to another PC will in almost all cases not work. If this was the case, piracy would be very simple.

Best to re-install all payware. This might also become a task and especially when you are moving payware to a different PC.

Try and re-install your payware and then post specific issues you are having as there is no one answer for all payware products. In many instances you may need to contact the payware company themselves. Good luck!

Mark Daniels

Also in addition to what Mark said I found out the hard way that alot of older addons with installers prior to 2008 will not work because they are 16 bit and this is a non starter with newer versions of Windows. Some vendors will make good and give you a new installer with proof of purchase, others will say you have to repurchase a newer version and some will have gone out of business and that's the end of that.

Best of luck to you!

Doug

To view my repaints and other stuff just click on the image below!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Doug, Mark

The three main purchased add-ons I would not want to loose are:

FSUIPC

UT Alaska and Canada

UT Europe

I got all these for my 64bit W10 PC, so believe should be OK. Have saved the codes. so will see how it goes.

Rest of the add-ons (aircraft, scenery) were free downloads and I can copy these from my back-up disc.

Cheers,

Edited by beroun

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

Peter,

I know the UT's are through Flight1. Please post back with how you go with those.

I personally hate Flight1's over the top piracy measures. I had all sorts of issues with the QualityWings 757. Flight1 have changed their system since so it might make things easier for you. For myself, I wanted to transfer this aircraft to a PC without internet connection and in the past this was possible but now it is not.

Mark Daniels

Thanks Doug, Mark

The three main purchased add-ons I would not want to loose are:

FSUIPC

UT Alaska and Canada

UT Europe

I got all these for my 64bit W10 PC, so believe should be OK. Have saved the codes. so will see how it goes.

Rest of the add-ons (aircraft, scenery) were free downloads and I can copy these from my back-up disc.

Cheers,

FSUIPC should be no problem. If it asks for your registration code after transfer just pop your registration code in again. Or can download the latest version and install it the normal way and use the code you say you have.

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

Thanks John, Mark

Mark, on Flight1 and UT downloads. Have no issues with these actually quite impressive sceneries, Europe in particular. Initially my FS was shutting down when approaching YVR but after reserching the issue in Google, deactivating enhanced railroads in UT Canada fixed it. I did not get any aircraft from Flight1, so cannot make a judgement.

Now got a sudden unexpainable glitch with my FS, since I cannot shut it down only with Windows Task Manager. It keeps restarting it self whenever I shut it down (x) normally. Viz my other post.

Cheers

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways