If your FS2004 plane cost as much as the real thing...

Skywatcher12

BUT...if you got one FS2004 plane for free and had to buy the rest at real plane prices, what plane would you take for free?

I'd take the iFly 737. I just logged flight number 881.

In other words, this thread asks your fav FS2004 plane.

No, you can't say I would buy an A380, sell it and buy lots of little planes.

If IRL you could afford a second plane, feel free to list it.

I haven't done much flying lately due to time.

Having just fired up FS2004 and the iFly, I can see it will be this flight sim and this plane for life.

Of course I will fly many other planes as well. FS2004 is the boredom free sim. Waaay too much to do!

Sidenote: I hope HJG keep going. Been and still are great for FS2004! :pilot:

Mark Daniels

My "favourite" FS9 'plane would be either the Abacus Cessna C162 Skycatcher or my own home-built Druine Turbulent. I'm usually a "low & slow" flyer, using the UKVFR photo-scenery in the UK, mostly skipping from one unpaved strip to another, so anything bigger/faster would not be my first choice, though they can be fun on occasion ;)

Right now, my two 'favorites' are the FS KBT Super Hornet and Carenado's Cessna 182Q. Complete opposites, but they're the best of both worlds right now; the Rhino for learning the high speed/high altitude environment, and the 182 for everything low and slow. In fact, I'm thinking about a wholesale 'cleansing' of some birds in my Aircraft folder just to make more space and maybe gain a couple FPS in the process.

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

I'd buy a 757, partner with some tourist company for passenger revenue, invest some of the profits and then ultimately buy a fleet of Gulfstreams and Globals.. LOL!

However, am I understanding your question right?

RFP 747-200 - Much better with my updated FDE for various engine options. My fav!

Aeroworx B200 - Set the standard for turboprop modelling.

HJG 727 - especially after some FDE / Air File improvements is another current favourite.

Level D 767 - another favourite that I no longer use due to Windows 10 issues.

iFLy 737 - also loved this one but can no longer get it to run in Windows 10.

Tinmouse 737-200 - only briefly used it but enjoyed it immensely. Another Windows 10 failure.

Just can’t get it to install without the black gauges no matter what I do.

Also forgot to mention the Classic British Flight Sims Trident - omg, flying at 0.88 Mach with ease. Gotta love that.

And the BAC 1-111. Not the best performer but fun!

And also the Calclassic stuff. Especially the Constellations. Drool. Lol.

Just can’t get it to install without the black gauges no matter what I do.

That'll be FSUIPC related. iFly installer installs FSUIPC. Reinstall your FSUIPC and it should all work.

I'm running FS happily on Win 7. Have one issue remaining on my Win 10 PC to run FS but needs time dedicated to fix the problem and time I don't have atm.

Mark Daniels

And the BAC 1-111. Not the best performer but fun!

Dave Maltby's BAC 1-11? My favourite jet. It's also the only FS9 plane I've seen with a VC that can be panned by dragging with the mouse.

Broadly though, I prefer props. I have 3 favourites: Captain Sim's C-130 (complex, functional & great for Air Hauler), Carenado's PA-34 (for when I want to feel coccooned on long sightseeing tours) and RealAir's SF.260 (light, fast, amazing visibility and, as with their C172, very good flight characteristics).

I'd be hard pressed to choose one for free because I wouldn't be able to afford the other two.

Or, in fact, to fly any of them...

• 4 weeks later...

I'd go for my HJG/Vistaliners Lockheed L'1011 Ship One. A great classic that feels modern without dullness of modern Boeing & Airbus offerings, which are seemingly all the same.

Also, HJG still seem to be steadily plugging away. They recently released their December 2022 holiday update which added several new repaints to their downloads page.

Regards,

Tristar35

I'd go for my HJG/Vistaliners Lockheed L'1011 Ship One. A great classic that feels modern without dullness of modern Boeing & Airbus offerings, which are seemingly all the same.

Also, HJG still seem to be steadily plugging away. They recently released their December 2022 holiday update which added several new repaints to their downloads page.

Actually :) .... it was a total of some 106 new and upgraded files that were recently released ;)

Some 60 of which are new and/or upgraded textures .... and among which 2 new L-1011 TRISTAR's liveries were also included.

The rest of the latest/December (2022) HJG release was composed of new sound packs each for the CV880's and CV990's .... plus further updated/improved DC-8 3D models as well ....

https://tonymadgehjg.proboards.com/thread/10234/christmas-website-update-december-2022?page=1&scrollTo=71654

ANYWAY ....

Glad to read you've obviously been enjoying what's been provided by the group and which does include representation of a lot of sub-aircraft types too .... all of which is (intentionally) compiled to perform slightly differently (in respect of weight, engine thrust, and aerodynamic influences), so, nothing provided among any of the groups virtual flight line functions entirely the same as something else even among the same aircraft types.

MRC