The spirit of the Spirit of St. Louis

I've been having fun flying landing patterns "in" Charles Lindbergh's famous plane. I've seen the real thing hanging from the ceiling at the Smithsonian's Air and Space Museum in Washington, D.C., and the 1950s Jimmy Stewart film about Lindbergh's flight from Long Island to Paris (in real time, I might add). But the Spirit of St. Louis's addition to MSFS's fleet gives you a virtually real idea of what it must've been like to fly this plane.

HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

An excellent clip! Thanks so much for posting it!

Having said that, all the aircraft IDS floating all over the sky to me are distracting and take a lot away from the experience.

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Having said that, all the aircraft IDS floating all over the sky to me are distracting and take a lot away from the experience.

They can be switched off in the settings, along with POI (Points Of Interest) markers, wildlife markers and various navigational pointers - I've switched them all off except for the taxi ribbon, which I find very useful and it isn't cheating at all... :p

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

They can be switched off in the settings, along with POI (Points Of Interest) markers, wildlife markers and various navigational pointers - I've switched them all off except for the taxi ribbon, which I find very useful and it isn't cheating at all... :p

the taxi ribbon, with you on that one..... you remind me of a joke.....

"The German air controllers at Frankfurt Airport are renowned as a short-tempered lot. They not only expect one to know one's gate parking location, but how to get there without any assistance from them. So it was with some amusement that we (a Pan Am 747) listened to the following exchange between Frankfurt ground control and a British Airways 747, call sign Speedbird 206.

Speedbird 206: "Frankfurt, Speedbird 206 clear of active runway."

Ground: "Speedbird 206. Taxi to gate Alpha One-Seven."

The BA 747 pulled onto the main taxiway and slowed to a stop.

Ground: "Speedbird, do you not know where you are going?"

Speedbird 206: "Stand by, Ground, I'm looking up our gate location now."

Ground (with quite arrogant impatience): "Speedbird 206, have you not been to Frankfurt before?"

Speedbird 206 (coolly): "Yes, twice in 1944, but it was dark, -- And I didn't land.""

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

I've seen the real thing hanging from the ceiling at the Smithsonian's Air and Space Museum in Washington, D.C., and the 1950s Jimmy Stewart film about Lindbergh's flight from Long Island to Paris

Me too. Gosh, how I love those historic recreations... :pilot:

Windows 10 Home - Intel i7 9700 4.70GHz - 32Gb DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6Gb - Kingston 512Gb SSD - Internet 1Gbps (test 600+ Mbps)