How to change my email addrese

At the very top the web page you'll see:

Welcome . stinger2k2 . Notifications . My Profile . Settings . Log Out

Click on Settings, then on the list down the left side, in the My Settings section, click Edit Email & Password.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Google came up with several options for changing your Microsoft account primary email address. Not sure how that would apply to your situation.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

It has always worried me about my email address if I wanted to change it, I have it for lots of website logins and connections, would be a long process visiting all the sites logging in then going to my account to change etc, plus some are not as easy as others.

Col.

At the very top the web page you'll see:

Welcome . stinger2k2 . Notifications . My Profile . Settings . Log Out

Click on Settings, then on the list down the left side, in the My Settings section, click Edit Email & Password.

Disregard the above, Keith - I didn't see that it's your sim login you want to change - I plead "senior moment" your honour.

In answer to your actual question, Microsoft don't allow email changes for login:

"Online services are only available for the account that purchased a license."

"For security reasons, it’s not possible to merge or combine Microsoft accounts, nor can you transfer such things as your game progress or gamertag, account purchases and balance from one account to another."

Sources:

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019032959-Gamertag-Microsoft-Account-FAQ

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/combining-microsoft-accounts-06b122ca-7323-48f5-8cd7-c3408bcc2123

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Disregard the above, Keith - I didn't see that it's your sim login you want to change - I plead "senior moment" your honour.

In answer to your actual question, Microsoft don't allow email changes for login:

"Online services are only available for the account that purchased a license."

"For security reasons, it’s not possible to merge or combine Microsoft accounts, nor can you transfer such things as your game progress or gamertag, account purchases and balance from one account to another."

Sources:

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019032959-Gamertag-Microsoft-Account-FAQ

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/combining-microsoft-accounts-06b122ca-7323-48f5-8cd7-c3408bcc2123

Yep, this is my problem . I am still looking into it though. I don't want to start over to get over it and may have to retain my

old email just for the purpose of the SIM login .

Cheers

Keith

Ok, for future reference it appears that I may have completed my email change.

I did this through the MS Store profile. In there one can add an additional email address

(MS calls them an alias and you can have multiple aliases). Once added I was able to

change my primary email address to be the new one and re-login using my new email and

the same MS account password.

Once logged in through the store with my new email address I fired up the sim and all was fine.

So effectively one can have multiple email addresses as long as it's the same MS account.

It remains to be seen if any correspondence comes through to the correct email but it was

the sim itself I was more worried about losing.

Obviously my MSFS account was bought through the MS Store so I'm not sure what would happen

if I had purchased the sim through Steam.

all good

Keith

That's very good to know Keith, thanks for passing that info on!