Where do I start the game

I just finished the disk install, but I can't find where to start it, I looked on the Xbox thing, I found the part where it says I own it but I noticed I am not signed in do I have to joinn xbox or something?

I have no icon as well on my desktop to go to thye game.

owned.jpg

Col.

Click on My Library and see if MSFS is listed there - if it is, click on it to launch it. When it does launch, the MSFS icon will appear on the taskbar - right-click on it and select "Pin to taskbar". From now on you can click on the taskbar icon to launch MSFS.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Is there anything in your Windows start menu? Look for "Microsoft Flight Simulator".

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

when the disks finished installing it took me to the miscrosoft store page there was an option for pre-order, I clicked on that then realised it wasn't what I wanted but in doing so lost the other option to possibly start the game or update.

I put disk 1 back in and it took me to the store again but no option to start the game.

It could be that it won't launch until it's fully updated - go to the MS Store again and click on the library books icon in the lower left corner, then click on the Get Updates button in the upper right corner.

Probably the best. The servers are overloaded today with a LOT of people attempting to download the updates. I was getting the no internet connection, but of course, I did have a connection, but the servers were overloaded.
Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

Why didn't you just download it from the MS Store? It is easier and simpler.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.

Maybe you are right, best get on to them to stop selling the disk versions lol.

To be honest I recently downloaded Xplane12, it was herendous, took over a day, the download kept stopping, I had to manually restart it plus it was slow so I didn't fancy going through that again, instead I got this lol.

Col.

Maybe you are right, best get on to them to stop selling the disk versions lol.

To be honest I recently downloaded Xplane12, it was herendous, took over a day, the download kept stopping, I had to manually restart it plus it was slow so I didn't fancy going through that again, instead I got this lol.

Col.

I would be looking at my connection speeds..... I downloaded Xplane12 in under an hour......... I find to keep the speeds you paid for you have to reset the router now and again........ why I have no idea but over time they drop the top end speeds...... did you buy the software from Xplane or off steam/winstore.. I got mine direct from Xplane....

Edited by daspinall

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

Got mine off XP.

I often reset my router to clear it out and yes it does improve a bit, I have not a fast download speed anyway so have to make do.

I was on the XP site and a few others were saying the same as me, their connection kept pausing, if they left it to run like I did next time they looked it had paused, I left mine overnight at first, next morning it had paused, after restart it had about 2 hours to go, paused again a few times saying 504 error. It was a pain so that is why I plumbed for the disks on this.

Col.