next upddate just around the corner

Like a deprived kid in Hamleys at Christmas, I'm looking forward to this update..... Payback for all the trouble they caused the end users throughout the last 2 years! ha I did gliding in the real world as a teenager so I'm looking forward to that and the long awaited De Havilland Beaver which would complete BC if they only sorted out the bloody scenery!

Edited by daspinall

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

Yes so I believe, tomorrow is christmas.......

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

Lol, release time in London 4pm...coincidently i had a letter telling me they are going to turn my electricity supply off tomorow from 11am to 4pm, but Ive seen the work they are supposed to do in that time and I know it will take much longer, normaly I would have left it till I went to bed to download an update anyway but they are having a meigs community fly - in tomorrow evening I would have loved to atten...Bummer

Lol, release time in London 4pm...coincidently i had a letter telling me they are going to turn my electricity supply off tomorow from 11am to 4pm, but Ive seen the work they are supposed to do in that time and I know it will take much longer, normaly I would have left it till I went to bed to download an update anyway but they are having a meigs community fly - in tomorrow evening I would have loved to atten...Bummer

"....they are having a meigs community fly - in tomorrow evening...." I never knew that, I will be there!!!!!

Thanks for the link. I had thought it would be 1pm my time (usually is), but it's 11am for New York (same time zone), nice, two hours early!!!
Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

Thanks for the link. I had thought it would be 1pm my time (usually is), but it's 11am for New York (same time zone), nice, two hours early!!!

Let us know how the update went pleased... I will do mine tomorrow when the servers are a bit quieter

Let us know how the update went pleased... I will do mine tomorrow when the servers are a bit quieter

20 minutes to go!!!! lol

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

Started off with about a 1 gig initial download, was going fast, then dropped to single digit speed, dipping into k/s. Now I am doing a 21.71 download at pretty decent speed

Edit-just finished, total time was 30 minutes :)

Edit again-did not do the 43 gigs in the content manger, lol

Edited by davidc2

Started off with about a 1 gig initial download, was going fast, then dropped to single digit speed, dipping into k/s. Now I am doing a 21.71 download at pretty decent speed

Edit-just finished, total time was 30 minutes :)

Edit again-did not do the 43 gigs in the content manger, lol

turns out I have nothing to do this evening, so bit the bullet and getting close to 60 Mbps.... I reset the router to get full bandwith, it works for me ha

I wonder what true to life is with the A310-300.... is that like PMDG standard?

20221111-164517.jpg

Edited by daspinall

Now the servers are in meltdown! keep getting online services are unreachable check your internet connection..... and keeps flashing up.... funny thing is there's nothing wrong with the connection as I'm watching a yt video at the same time...... SO DON'T GO FIDDLING WITH YOUR CONNECTION IT'S FINE..... ASOBO FOOLS SENDING OUT THE WRONG MESSAGE!!!!!! I for one am sick of ASOBO and all their fancy talk in the videos, they need to get their heads out of the clouds and get back to ground level and fix all the basics! Edited by daspinall

I very much appreciated the update process enhancements. It's now truly just a 'one click' affair. No muss or fuss. The way any software upgrade should be. Sincere kudos and thanks to the team. Mine went quite smoothly I am very happy to report.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

I tried to update all morning long-no joy. I finally was able to update later this afternoon and it went flawlessly.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.

Don't rate the 2 helicopters much. You can make them go sideways and they don't correct themselves. I can get the parking brake to release on the DC3 but then I can't ever get it back on again. The solo seat glider is nice, and the Beaver is lovely.

that's ASOBO for you there is a video where they are talking Helicopters and it all sounds very impressive.... but in ASOBO true fashion, in reality, you have a pile of poop lol Honestly I don't like to hit on ASOBO but they have made so many mistakes and the quality of some of their work is atrocious.... Over two years now and they are still fixing bugs that should have been sorted before releasing the product..... It is a good sim, faults aside... I just don't like the way ASOBO has gone about producing this version..... bring back the Ace Team!! I agree with the Beaver but again where are the bloody floats for BC!

Edited by daspinall

this is odd the Beaver with floats loaded this morning without any help from me.... now I just noticed although I now have the DC3 from yesterdays downlaod, it's now downloading a enhanced version of the DC3 .... odd but welcomed......

Update SMOOTH AS SILK! Tried the new Airbus (A321 I think) and when I released the brakes it rolled backwards and crashed. Flew the Spruce Goose around the Big Easy and set her down in Lake Pontchartrain a few times. Not many jollies there except to see that behemoth more than a few feet off the water. Then retrogressed to my fav, the B-787-10 to see if the latest update solved or changed any parameters there. None that I could tell. Oh well, maybe next time. But, as said above, you got to give the team credit on the DL.

I could not find Meigs field in the list of airports to select, however, it is shown on the map. Strange, but was nice taking off from it :)

Course, my C172 (steam version) has the panel lights lit up very bright and I can't turn them off, sigh :)