Beware of Meta quest

ahammond

My Meta Quest 2 which is fourteen months old recently developed a fault whereby it would not respond to either the cable link or airlink. Thus rendering it useless for FS2020, which was the reason I bought it. I have contacted Meta support a total of 44 times so far. Each time I get asked for a different and more obscure bit of information. Having checked the Meta forum I find that this is the normal way that Meta support deal with matters. They just keep you tagging along until you eventually give up. I would advise anybody considering the Meta Quest to avoid it like the plague. I have now done what I should have done in the first place and ordered a Reverb from System Active and I actually got to speak to somebody in English, English who knew what they were talking about.

You will like the G2 with better resolution than the quest.... however, the QUEST is very good stand-alone headset for gaming and movies on the big screen.... But for fs2020 the G2 is the starting spec......

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

The Quest was okay as far as it went, even if it seemed to take a awful lot of fettling whenever I used it. But the attitude of Meta when it developed a fault is unforgivable. From the Quest forum I get the impression that a lot of other people across the world have run into the same brick wall that I did.

Metaverse is having huge issues and losing hundreds of millions.... I think it will eventually fold...... but the headset should keep working beyond Metaverse if you can get customer service to actually do there job!......

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

Metaverse is having huge issues and losing hundreds of millions.... I think it will eventually fold...... but the headset should keep working beyond Metaverse if you can get customer service to actually do there job!......

Tech for tech's sake? Waste of time - and money!