Univer dc-2

westway

I'm having a problem with the Univer DC-2. I purchased a new PC and had to reinstall all my products. However, for some reason my Univer DC-2 won't display any additional liveries I add to the CFG. I triple checked the add-on data to make sure it corresponded correctly, and it does, the livery does not show up in FSX.

On the 1st screenies:

model=int
panel=old

On the 3th screenie: the folders model.int and panel.old aren't present.

So change the entries to

model=
panel=

This may work, although the textures seem to be made for a variant model of the aircraft.

OTOH the forementioned folders are present on my install.

I start to wonder where you got that DC-2...

Wim

PS. It's UIVER, not Univer

PS2. Do something with the resolution of those screenshots !!!

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

I purchased aircraft from Flight 1 many years ago.

Westway - Did these 2 additional liveries ever work on a previous installation? When looking at the extra paints/repaints on this site, you have a variety of sources. Some are FS2000, but you also have 2002, 2004 and FSX. When adding liveries to say a FSX aircraft, all dna of the add on aircraft have to match exactly as the FSX (parent) aircraft. Add-on aircraft, Sound could be different, panel could be different, which would prevent you from making this an exact match. I wish I could read your printout of your aircraft.cfg but way too small for me! I just had cataract procedure done on both eyes and I thought I was doing good until I saw your printouts!

Good luck, you will find your missing link, it will just take time and a little hair to be pulled. Something is not making an exact match. Ever do any aliasing? It's a little work, but so is what you are going thru! You could alias your parent panel to say a Douglas DC-3, and do the same with all the add-ons!

When that's done, try the same with the sound folders, aliasing all to the DC-3.

I'm thinking these 2 add-on aircraft are something other than FSX! OR easier yet, try other FSX repaints (from this site's library) on 2 different, but FSX, and see if you can see those! I wish you well, but you will figure it out, I am sure. Maybe try to get your cfg images a little larger, so one of us might be able to see something that stands out! Two non FSX repaints will not stand out, only you will know where you downloaded those from! Like Wim says, the textures you've downloaded are made for a variant model!

I'll keep watching the replies to this post. It will be interesting to see what you/someone else finds in getting these 2 aircraft to show!:rolleyes:

Rick :cool:

Edited by Downwind66

Forget about the aliasing! Not really needed if the purchased item is FSX! You shouldn't have to do the alias. Do you know the details on the add-on aircraft, where they were downloaded from, have they worked for you before on an older installation?

Just get better screenshots and let all of us go from there. Only thing one could deduct, is you don't have an exact match on the add-on aircraft. The add-ons should work even if they are FS2004. but anything prior to that, forget about it. Plenty of add-on paints on this

site's library that should work with your existing uiver DC-2 software.

Guess what, I found these same textures in the Livery Pack I got when purchasing the DC-2 back in 2012 (from Flight1 indeed). Even the [fltsim.x] entries are identical.

As you can see: no problems with them.

As said, you need to reinstall the DC-2 with all included model and panel variants.

A7PbNjX.jpg

CTYcZFG.jpg

(to enlarge: right-click -> open in new tab)

@Downwind: I had to use a magnifying glass as well, your eyes are OK.

Wim

Edited by f16jockey_2

It was installed from original. What do you mean textures were made for a variant? The textures from this site indicated that they were for this DC-2. I have never had a problem installing liveries to all the hundreds of aircraft in my FSX. Only now with my new PC is this giving me problems, on my last PC I had lots of liveries for this DC-2, but now only the original 3 aircraft. Go figure. . . . .

It's always a pleasant relief when you get things working again as they should be! Sometimes, these things will try your patience, and look, all you had to do is walk away from it from it for awhile, do the same thing you've been doing and BINGO, all is working again! Glad you figured it out!

There is something unique to that DC-2 PACKAGE and I think any future problems of adding aircraft to that package will be a problem.

If you go into this site's library, they have the package but it is for FS2000. My thinking and I could very well be wrong, maybe someone converted these old files to FSX, put a lock on the package as it is sold, and any mods to the program will be prohibited! Just a guess............... Maybe take another default aircraft and see if you can add a repaint aircraft to that download?

We will see what Wim thinks when he reads your current problem! He has the same software as you purchased and maybe he can read his paperwork to see if it has some built in restrictions?

Okay, enjoy what's on your new computer and is working for you!

We will see what Wim thinks when he reads your current problem

As always, he thinks he wants to see the [fltsim.x] sections of the textures that are not adding :cool:.

This is the folder of my DC-2. Nothing special about it. No limitations on adding textures, as long as you follow the rules.

fKybgV9.png

The items off screen are all texture.xxx folders (34 in total).

My aircraft.cfg has 40 [fltsim.x] entries (different texture/panel combos).

Wim

My thinking and I could very well be wrong, maybe someone converted these old files to FSX, put a lock on the package as it is sold, and any mods to the program will be prohibited!
Yes, you are wrong. It's genuine FSX.

One of the modelers was Jan Visser, who made the VC for Manfred Jahn's C-47.

Wim

Here is what I don't understand, I now have the original installer and DC-2 installed with 3 additional aircraft included in the package, BUT the cfg. file does not include the other 3 aircraft in the file nor are there texture files for the other 3 aircraft. I've never seen liveries for aircraft that were not in the cfg file.

What am I missing here????

Unfortunately you're right.

I found this disappointing description on the Flight1 product page.

eFmoYi6.png

OTOH I have a Livery Pack that bundles lots of freeware liveries (including an auto-installer).

As all of it's content can be found somewhere on the net (including this site), and it requires the registered payware version,

I don't think there's a problem in sending it to you.

I'll be in touch.

Wim

westway (never got a first name?) Have you ever seen this uiver forum post? Some interesting info if you happen to have the native FSX package, and if you can understand Netherland language?

http://www.nederlandseluchtvaart.nl/forums/showthread.php?9606-DC-2-uiver-for-FsX&

I don't know, you keep trying to resurrect an old friend that doesn't want to cooperate! I wish you well and if I find anything else, I will forward it to you!